Freestyle Backie-chan test tide

deftons56

Brian
porpoise party!

It was choppy and it has a flush cut plate. It's a mini hull and tracks awesome. there were times when I would hit smooth water and it would ride flat, if that thing had a plate with a few inches more on it you could hit 50+ and not porpoise, not bad for a mini freestyle ski if you ask me...

swapmeet

Brotastic
Ya know... i'm seeing the same thing ya'll are. But Brian rode this ski for the 2nd time ever in this video. The pole isn't the right length and neither is the plate.

Am I making excuses for a hull I plan on buying? Maybe....

I'm just saying maybe they should serve something else besides hateriade at the porpoise party.

*edit* Christ I just realized I sound like a BOB owner....

tumblr_mcvym322qE1qcjgem.gif

Last edited:
a 71" ski isn't going to chase boats as well as a 100lb lightweight.de if the ski is stable at what it's intended to do then mission success in my book. i'd love to jump on the porpoise wagon here, but it didn't look that bad to me...

Haha. I'm sure, just like any hull, it takes some getting used to and choppy water wouldn't help. It looks like a sweet hull, I can't wait to see the flippy/rolly vid.

I just couldn't help from laughing out loud when I read Zack's post after watching the video.

deftons56

Brian
I just couldn't help from laughing out loud when I read Zack's post after watching the video.
I couldn't help but to wonder what was expected from a mini hull. People porpoise Superjets too when first riding with stock plates.

I couldn't be happier with how it rides and with a little longer plate I believe it will go wot without porpoising. The thing that surprised me while going fast was how well it tracked. At no time did I feel scared it was going to toss me off.

If you are thinking of getting one but still on the fence, just ride it. What's a couple hundred bucks to fly out and make sure it's what you want? There should be a few in Daytona also for guys over there that don't want to fly all the way to Cali.

kkwedell

x-h20.com
I have only been riding like 6 months, but am not satisfied with a 750sx! I'm starting nose stabs. Just wait before you say you don't need an am hull for nose stabs!!!!!!!! I learn really fast,took me 30 min before I was going wot on a sn superjet. I have only tried like 5 nose stabs, but got 2 of them. The 750sx also seems way to big, rode my friends bob gen 2, maybe you have heard of Taylor Van Fossen. I just like the way a short hull feels.

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
a 71" ski isn't going to chase boats as well as a 100lb lightweight.de if the ski is stable at what it's intended to do then mission success in my book. i'd love to jump on the porpoise wagon here, but it didn't look that bad to me...

If I ride it in Daytona I plan on porpoising it at 12 second intervals and having it bounce off the water more violently than that! That'll be success in my book and what I was intending to do :)
Porpoising a flatwater hull with a flush rideplate wouldn't bother me as bad as aggressive chine walking and feeling unstable at speed. It also has a 2 gallon cart tank and the rider was leaning way back. "porpoise party" was a funny post but this guy is trying to sell hulls and some people may shy away without considering these things.

deftons56

Brian
I'm not trying to sell any hulls, I am just giving my fair and honest opinion. Going into this I had high hopes but was being realistic and expected to have some sacrifices for it bring a mini freestyle ski... It surpassed all expectations and I feel with a bit longer hull extension it will be a perfect all around ski for me, and that's why I'm getting one.

It doesn't really mean much what I say though, if you at thinking of getting a ski go ride a few different ones and choose for yourself. I'm glad to have spent the time and money to try a few different skis and am happy I finally found one that works great for me and that it's through a company that I trust and respect.

I'm not trying to sell any hulls, I am just giving my fair and honest opinion. Going into this I had high hopes but was being realistic and expected to have some sacrifices for it bring a mini freestyle ski... It surpassed all expectations and I feel with a bit longer hull extension it will be a perfect all around ski for me, and that's why I'm getting one.

i'd tell you to come try the new sf, but for half the price you can get that hull. can't say i blame you haha

why does it have a 140 mag? demo skis need big pumps and motors :p

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Don't get me wrong I liked the comment too and laughed out loud

Last edited:
Top Bottom