Custom/Hybrid Backie Chan thread of awesomeness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
My hull is 55lbs, so I guess its rtr wieght should be in the 230 range

Depends. My SF weighed 56 lbs for the hull, 6 lbs hood, 7 lbs pole.
With stock tank, 2 gallons gas, JW battery it was 259.
Cart tank and LiFePO battery it came down to 246.

Calibrated shipping scale.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Nice, should be a sweet ride. Haven't heard a true ride report from anyone who didn't like one. Hope I even get to see one this year.

Depends. My SF weighed 56 lbs for the hull, 6 lbs hood, 7 lbs pole.
With stock tank, 2 gallons gas, JW battery it was 259.
Cart tank and LiFePO battery it came down to 246.

Calibrated shipping scale.
My Gen3 was 255 with a calibrated shipping scale, with kart tank, ballistic and a bpipe. This hull is around 20lbs lighter, so I guess 235 would be more accurate.

PFP pipes, big mags, billet motors all add weight, with this baby 701 it should be pretty light

Your second weight seems wrong? -12lbs for the battery and 12lbs for gas and it should be at 235

Last edited:

Matt_E

Site Supporter
13 lb difference, not 12. 10 of that was the battery and 3 was the tank. (comparing an empty stock tank against the empty cart tank)

And now that you mention it, that was also with a B-pipe and stock cylinder and crank. I never did weigh it with the billet motor and pfp. I probably should have.

Edit: the gas tank weight difference is in the tank only. I include 2 gallons of gas in a rtr weight, because....well without gas it aint rtr :)
So take two gallons out and I would have been at 233ish

Last edited:
Nice, should be a sweet ride. Haven't heard a true ride report from anyone who didn't like one. Hope I even get to see one this year.

Its not a true ride report unless they dont like it? Your gonna be,waiting awhile cause everyone that rides it likes it.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Ummmm. That's what I meant. There was one guy saying that it wouldn't flip, but it was also running bad. That's what I mean by a true ride report, someone who rode it with a good motor and pump. Don't be so quick to get defensive dude. I have been following the threads closely on the backie chan and talked with swapmeet a couple times about it. I like the way it looks. Every TRUE ride report was a good one. I'm looking at buying a hull this year, and so far I like it. I'd just like to be able to ride one but I missed Daytona, so that's my fault.

13 lb difference, not 12. 10 of that was the battery and 3 was the tank. (comparing an empty stock tank against the empty cart tank)

And now that you mention it, that was also with a B-pipe and stock cylinder and crank. I never did weigh it with the billet motor and pfp. I probably should have.

Edit: the gas tank weight difference is in the tank only. I include 2 gallons of gas in a rtr weight, because....well without gas it aint rtr :)
So take two gallons out and I would have been at 233ish
True, but you the only one I've seen post rtr weight with gas. Also didnt realize you were include gas in your kart tank one too

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Sounds like we are are in agreement then :)
You have to have gas to ride, so I always include it.

swapmeet

Brotastic
I'm having Steve put bladders where the foam goes that are filled with Helium. Now what?!?

tumblr_inline_mh61gcewB31rbnfwj.gif

AtomicPunk

Lifetime bans are AWESOME
Site Supporter
hmm, maybe RTR should include a rider?
cant have a horse race w/o a jockey!

I propose "dry weight" is the standard which all skis shall be measured (according to the "X-h2o Standard of Weights, Measures, Infractions, and Bans")
All in favor?

I also think hull weight should include the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom