Custom/Hybrid Backie Chan thread of awesomeness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/130777-Shortened-Hull-Handling-Effects

second pic shows good way to tie your ski down.

Personally I never tie my bars down with a bungee cord because it always keeps constant pressure on the bars and usually ends up making steering sloppy in the end, and second thing I wouldn't do is tie down my ski to my pump, I just don't like thinking about all the pressure put on the pump while in transport and cinched down tight. Steve add some u bolts on the chans bro.. :)

On my Freak I was too lazy to ever add any u-bolt in the rear. I tied the back down by just running a tie-down strap across tray and gunwales.

On my Freak I was too lazy to ever add any u-bolt in the rear. I tied the back down by just running a tie-down strap across tray and gunwales.

That's the ticket. I wouldn't trust a U-bolt going through a thin hull, or any composite part for that matter to secure a ski. I want it physically strapped over the ski itself, something I can crank down on a bit and not worry about it. Also personally I hate seeing skis attached by the reduction nozzle. It may be just fine, but not for me. I don't even like doing that using a beach cart.

that's okay Matt I forgive you I installed one myself... : )

attachment.php

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I strap over the gunwales also and use 2 small squares of extra turf under the strap to avoid compressing the turf permanently where the strap pulls down on the gunwales

Last edited:
do you tie your pole down with a chain binder?? i dont see how it could make your steering sloppy with the light force of a bungee..

Tie my pole down, ha,no need to. My pole set ups are all just tight enough to where it doesn't move unless moved. I have seen plenty of skis that use a bungee looped over the end of the bars and then to the bond rail and its putting pressure one the bars the whole trip or when stored. Not as big of a deal with aftermarket turn plate bearing set ups.

That's the ticket. I wouldn't trust a U-bolt going through a thin hull, or any composite part for that matter to secure a ski.

Yours doesn't have a u bolt on the nose to tie it down? Just seems if people are tying their skis down to their pump bolt or even worse their turn nozzle, then it would make sense to me to have a tie down spot of some sort, IMO there is one on the nose then why not tuck one under the tail.

Yours doesn't have a u bolt on the nose to tie it down? Just seems if people are tying their skis down to their pump bolt or even worse their turn nozzle, then it would make sense to me to have a tie down spot of some sort, IMO there is one on the nose then why not tuck one under the tail.

My rok had a U bolt style rig on the front that I used for towing in or beach carts. I never trusted it to hold my ski down during transport. I don't think it would take much to destroy it in even a small accident. I always lifted the pole and strapped across the hull right at the base of the pole near the bracket.

Last edited:
My rok had a U bolt style rig on the front that I used for towing in or beach carts. I never trusted it to hold my ski down during transport. I don't think it would take much to destroy it in even a small accident. I always lifted the pole and strapped across the hull right at the base of the pole near the bracket.

if you trusted Jeff with your money then you should trust a u bolt hahahah

Ive had a u bolt on front under my rok and have used it to tie ski down numerous times even on all surf trips. Of course thats in addition to a strap on the rear also. I have a local ride spot that is truck only friendly very rocky never had issues.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom