Custom/Hybrid Backie Chan thread of awesomeness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
FYI - if you can't figure out the difference between :):):):)ing queer and fanboy, I don't know what to tell you.
\

swapmeet

Brotastic
Wow... I take a vacation and this thread goes to pot... Ya'll should really hug or something. I guarantee you nobody would be mad or as$hurt if we were sitting around a campfire on the beach after a day of riding. We'd all be laughing and busting each others balls.

Cavitation Canal is funny, regardless of who its being directed at. Cavitation Canoe makes me laugh a little too....

Anyhow.... my ski should ship this week. I need to get a trailer ready, does anyone (BC owners I guess) know the distance between the chines so I can set up my bunks? I guess the high point between the chines? Ya'll know what I mean. Are ya'll using PVC or 2x4's?

Last edited:

swapmeet

Brotastic
I have some slick plastic 'bunk' material available to me (these: http://www.basspro.com/Bunk-Slick-Boat-Trailer-GlideOns/product/1111100500571/ ), But i'm not sure thats what I want just yet. The slippery bunks make it easier for it to slide laterally and possibly come off. Remember, this will be a light ski, so making it easier to load and unload isn't my main concern. I'm more concerned with retention and the least amount of damage.

I'm thinking about using PVC (or something round like a large dowel? I dunno...), putting some 9mm pad on it, and then carpet the pad so the ski will slide on etc. Hopefully that protects the gelcoat on mine.

Probably over thinking it (cause thats what I do...!)

Last edited:

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
Maybe something like this for the front would help. With that and the back strapped down you should be good. (Pics stolen from Wakerider26)

IMG_3257_zps084c4a60.jpg

IMG_3273_zpsd73b68c4.jpg

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I had teflon strips on my bunks from DCT Sports (that's going way back) for around 15 years. Well worth the money, though they were cheap back in 96 or 97 when I bought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom