Bad motor bad!

Well I have no idea what the hell happened to my motor. Something got in it and killed my piston. I need some info on were to get a top end. I would like to go bigger. I would like to do a back flip. I dont want to spend 12k on one. I am new to this so thanks for the help.

P.S I did use the serch!

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
Some info on your setup and engine and perhaps I could help.

Well I have no idea what the hell happened to my motor. Something got in it and killed my piston. I need some info on were to get a top end. I would like to go bigger. I would like to do a back flip. I dont want to spend 12k on one. I am new to this so thanks for the help.

P.S I did use the serch!

It is a 94 61X It has a pipe I think it is a riva. I know it has a red riva exhaust manifold. It had 150 psi. I have a ride plat intake great. I have foot holds and what not. I have all the basics. It has a singal carb right now.

The bottom end is good. Well I think so. I know that the piston is gone. I also know that the jug is scared. I dont know if I can save it or not. I dont know if it is worth resleeving it. I would love some help out with this. I did see that you had a very nice looking motor all chromed out on a stand. I would love one of them.... I just dont have the coin for that.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
It is a 94 61X It has a pipe I think it is a riva. I know it has a red riva exhaust manifold. It had 150 psi. I have a ride plat intake great. I have foot holds and what not. I have all the basics. It has a singal carb right now.

no offense but if i am getting you right you want to do flatwater backflips with a near stock 61x!? not going to happen.

if the cylinder is scarred then you are going to have to get a hone at the very least (provided its not TOO deep) if it is you might have to have it bored up a size or two and get new pistons to fit the new bore.
those are the cheapest options to get back on the water.

then save some money and get a B pipe. :)

I think you missed the I dont want to spend 12k on a motor.

The cylinder is scared. I dont know if it can be saved. I think it would have to go 50 over to make it work min. I dont know how big you can go with them.

cookerq62

Life's Been Good
If you want to rebuild the one you have this place has the parts you need. http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/engine.htm
81mm is what the stock bore you can go up to 83mm safely. Your best bet is getting a top end from someone thats ready to go. Thats the cheapest fastest way. Then you can just sell your old cylinder. Now would be a good time to inspect/replace your crank and replace your cranks seals. Also since your in Utah you may want to bump up your compression to compensate for elevation.

stanton

High on jetskis.
I think you missed the I dont want to spend 12k on a motor.

The cylinder is scared. I dont know if it can be saved. I think it would have to go 50 over to make it work min. I dont know how big you can go with them.
think you missed the point, forget about a backflip!

ger87410

How did I get here?
I'll bet your ski got hungry and ate a screw. Post pics of the carnage.

U should do a complete rebuild, especially on the bottom end. You're pretty much guaranteed to find metal shavings down there, and you don't want to leave them there.

I will have to post up pics for you. I think it would be hard to eat a screw the spark arrestor was on the hole time! I could be wrong we will see.

As fair as the back flip it is not the end of the world. The place I will try it is in bear lake. They get 2ft waves. So it will not be a toltal flat water.

I just want to up gread.

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
I'll bet your ski got hungry and ate a screw. Post pics of the carnage.

U should do a complete rebuild, especially on the bottom end. You're pretty much guaranteed to find metal shavings down there, and you don't want to leave them there.

Yep,

Without a doubt, if you broke a piston skirt there are metal shavings all inside of the motor, in the bearings, seals and everywhere else. IN my opinion, if it were my motor, I would go through the whole thing, TRY AND DIAGNOSE WHAT HAPPENED, so that I did not blow up another motor when I got it back together.

You put a top end on your ski without cleaning up the bottom end and it will happen again.

BTW, I don't know where you got your 12K number, or how much you want to spend, but you could do a pro-built arm strecher for 4-5K or a real serious motor for 7-9K.

Brian

Last edited:
Well I got it apart and I need a new jug. I think the piston ring moved, and got caught on the port and bang... I was told this can happen if the pin moves or breaks.

I was told if that was it I could not have done anything! ;(

Yeah, you gotta spend sum clams if you want to back flip.
I am not even sure 4-5K wil get you there on flat water, but I have not done it so I dont really know either.
I think a backy takes by far the most power of any trick.
Stick to everything but, and its way cheaper.
I think 0.# had a ported top end on here, ready to go.

Oz

Ok so I am looking at 2 options now well 3.

op 1 There is a big bore kit on here. It is a good price.

Op 2 is the Dasa big bore and power valve 2,800. It did not say how many ports it had. I would like to know. I would like to know if it will work on a 61X. I know I have to mod the case. Is it hard to do?

op 3 X Scream ss865 with power valves. It is a 7 port. It says It is a 865 with the stock stroke! Will it work on a 612X? It goes for 2,900.

Like I have said befor I can speend some coin I just want to knwo if it is worth it or not. Will this get me close to what I want? Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Ok so here is the next ?? What do the power valves do. I know they give you more power but how? How do you adjust them? I know you can when I here you all talk about adjusting the pop off valve. Unless that is in the carb? Some help here would be nice.

Also if you get 865cc with a stock stroke what if you put in a 80 mm strock what will that get you. I can get a crank for 1,400. Will that give me a 100cc or what. Sorry I am a tard at this. I just want a nice ski and if I am going to do it just do it right.

Will a singel carb work for this.
well for right now. If I spend this much I will need a little break from the bank if you know what I mean ha ha..

thanks agen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom