barrelroll help

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
all my barrelholl's the nose always is too high!
any advise will be nice! :banghead:
thanks all
Lucaumpits

Last edited by a moderator:
what you need to do is try not to hit the wave so late..hit it on a 45 degree angle try to keep the pole lower and put that chinpad right at your waist line and lean forward and turn the bars and crank that throttle..

WaHoo_1

Surf Swimmer
lose some ass already brutha! :jester: here's one from you this weekend past. honestly didn't see if you got all the way... maybe 3/4? It wouldn't suprise me that your ski is waterlogged tho... nose high all the time. You beat your shiz good!

Attachments

• DSC01673.jpg
    DSC01673.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
:wavey::friday:
lose some ass already brutha! :jester: here's one from you this weekend past. honestly didn't see if you got all the way... maybe 3/4? It wouldn't suprise me that your ski is waterlogged tho... nose high all the time. You beat your shiz good!

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
I had this same problem for a while. Try thinking about doing an overrotated nose stab. Do some nose stabs. Then do some slightly inverted. Then do the same thing but huck it a little harder. Right now you're just rotating the ski around you. You want the ski to rotate on its own axis. You'll know you're doing it right when you can watch the water the whole time. Its a really cool feeling. and like CP Watercraft said, hit the wave earlier and it will be easier to get the tail up. Then as you progress you can learn to hit the wave later to generate more amplitude while still keeping the tail up.

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
Hit the wave earlier, but only to get comfortable. Hitting it late is the way to go big.

WaHoo_1 is also right on the too much ass part. Lean forward, straighten your legs and get your chest over that pole.

Last edited:

AlbanyMotorsports

Cru is Rad
Agreed...that picture is ridiculous....awesome.

Ive found that if I try and get the a$$ of the boat to go up over my right shoulder it helps drop the nose. You have to always be conscious of body position when hitting the wave....otherwise your body reverts back to what you did the wave before. I have ADD so I am constantly reminding myself.

Wow, you have feedback from some great riders here.
I had a similar problem. Parr told me to angle my approach to the wave a little more and it helped a ton. I did find that landing them flat hurts my back a lot more though!

it a tough problem to correct... lots of people work through it, but Serlin is correct, you need to rotate around the ski not your body...

I have to remind myself all the time to keep the nose down... big problem for me too.

jetskier79

I'm goin' for two
Once you get the body position right, you'll know it. If you feel like the ski is trying to pull away, your aren't doing it right. In the right position, there will be no forces acting against you. You AND the ski should be rotating around a point in unison.

Essentially, if you make a change, and feel less pull, you are going the right direction.

stanton

High on jetskis.
looks like you just have way too much weight in the back of the tray. like your footholds are too far back. definetly lower the pole.

Top Bottom