best hel cam for surf is out......time to sell the gopro

Pete,those are all good points,there are side by side comparisons out there of the go pro standard wide and the tachyon,ill link them here soon,We havent had squat for surf here in a month so we have not rode at all

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
The wife ordered mine today... Late Bday present.... I should have it monday.. I will get some footage next week and weekend out in the Beautiful Grayland surf & Willapa Harbor... haha

Ok This was my first EVER Video, i had never used a camera, or a movie making program.

All filmed with a Tachyon Mico helmet cam.

Hope this helps people decide to buy a tachyon, because they are bloody wicked, SOO easy to use, batteries last for ever, heaps of memory. Wicked camera..

Last edited by a moderator:
it does pretty good even on cloudy crap days too,Im looking forward to shooting some good second person action on a nice sunny day,if we ever get some decent surf here

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
How are you guys mounting them safely? I had it on my goggle strap this weekend and a wave blew my goggles off with the cam.. LUCKILY it was still attached to the goggles and floating a few breakers away.. My wife would've kicked my azz if I had lost it the first day... hahaha Going to try to get some video up soon.. I am going to bed now though, very exhausting weekend...

Peter123

C-Note
How are you guys mounting them safely? I had it on my goggle strap this weekend and a wave blew my goggles off with the cam.. LUCKILY it was still attached to the goggles and floating a few breakers away.. My wife would've kicked my azz if I had lost it the first day... hahaha Going to try to get some video up soon.. I am going to bed now though, very exhausting weekend...

I haven't attached it to a helmet yet, but I used a 20# leader to secure it to my wrist.

My camera went with Smoofer this weekend to the races. He used a 20# leader to back up his mount for his GoPro, and I'm assuming he did the same for my Tachyon. I'll also assume that worked pretty good, but until Smoofer says he still has my camera, I can't guarantee it.

use the 2 sided 3m ball velcro and mount it by its side to just above the ear hole on the flat part of the helmet,use the above mentioned safety tether to a small hole drilled in the helmet just below the ear hole.

Tadpole1975

The clown has no penis!
I just started using this camera

sonydxc1200.jpg

Its a little heavy but works great!!

pop rivet on mine. (the mount) safety wire from the cam 2 one of the mounting screws that hold the vizer on. i have landed on my head many times it hasnt pop out yet.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Ok.. I finally remembered to upload a couple videos to Vimeo.. This video is from my quick ride out in Grayland, Wa on Sat july 3rd.. I have another one right after this one, it includes the loss of my goggles and camera due to a wave somehow blowing them off my helmet.. I did another this weekend out in the cove behind my cabin, but I can't upload it yet.. Burned up my free 550mb already.. haha Also held the cam while I put my bro in law on my ski, his first time on a standup, he did well and loved it! haha

[video=vimeo;13248038]http://www.vimeo.com/13248038[/video]

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
ya for sure.. I was on a time crunch and was off the water just after Crab got on the water.. I had 30 min to ride then haul azz back to the cabin for the parade before they closed my road.. Or I would've just followed Crab and Gasgas around...

Top Bottom