Bidding Etiquette?

SkiDaddy

Just Havin' Fun!
I've listed an item in the classifieds but forgot to list the price. As I'm adding to the ad I notice I forgot the price & put it in.

So after I'm done w/the ad I check my PMs; one guy PMs me "how much", and 7 minutes later another PMs me wanting to buy it. Does the second guy get it?:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

norcal ex

X-H2
if its for the head, i need it for my flat top build. i offered the guy one of my girdled head (pro tec in excellent shape) for the same price....we will see what happens

Well did second guy who say he would take it see the price before he said he would take it?

That first guy might have taken it if he would have seen the price.

The second guy might have asked how much if he had not seen the price.

I'd say if the second guy already saw the price and the first guy didn't then the first guy should have first dibs after you give him the price.

WaHoo_1

Surf Swimmer
well, since you didn't list the price...ya can't blame a guy for inquiring. I'd give the first PM first stab at it and so on.

Wanting to buy it wins over asking how much IMO.

Yeah, but it's a whole different story if the guy who said he wanted it knew the price and the guy who asked the price obviously didn't know the price.

That first guy might have taken it if he knew the price like the second guy did.

Why would you say you will take it if you don't know the price? :dunno:

SkiDaddy

Just Havin' Fun!
Aaaargh! Too many conflicting opinions, & peeps posting faster than I can read/bounce between threads!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's gone to the first person who offered me money for it.

CuzzinOlaf

Hero of the Stupid
Yeah, but it's a whole different story if the guy who said he wanted it knew the price and the guy who asked the price obviously didn't know the price.

That first guy might have taken it if he knew the price like the second guy did.

Why would you say you will take it if you don't know the price? :dunno:

I see your point, this is a tough one. I could say that the first person snoozed by not seeing the price after it was added. I could also say the first person might just be shopping around and not serious. I guess he would need to get in touch with them to see.

The second person on the other hand did see the price and said he wanted it. In my mind it goes to the second guy still. If I saw something for sale and never confirmded that I wanted it I couldn't get upset, I never made an offer, just asked about it.

BLAH!!! This is too much, I am fighting with myself now. Cash talks! I am goin to have a drink LOL.

I see your point, this is a tough one. I could say that the first person snoozed by not seeing the price after it was added. I could also say the first person might just be shopping around and not serious. I guess he would need to get in touch with them to see.

The second person on the other hand did see the price and said he wanted it. In my mind it goes to the second guy still. If I saw something for sale and never confirmded that I wanted it I couldn't get upset, I never made an offer, just asked about it.

BLAH!!! This is too much, I am fighting with myself now. Cash talks! I am goin to have a drink LOL.

Once again the moral of the story is if you want something say you'll take it regardless of whether or not you really want it.

It's safer to say, "I'll take it, but I was wondering..."

If it is not what you thought it was or the price is too high then you can always back out.

Top Bottom