big wave wipeout!

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
I've never been pinned down under anything that heavy - I can't even imagine how bad that felt! Been rolled and pinned down pretty hard back in my windsurfing days: the worst thing is getting nailed twice like that: just when you think you can suck in some air all you get is a lungful of foam and then back down to get slammed on the bottom some more. Scary stuff for sure. I have a lot of respect for breaking waves, even small ones. It takes some nots to drop in on a big f***ker like that.

starter kill

aka LUFA-make some WAKE!!
i sunk my SJ last year in daytona, landed , came up sideways right as a swell hit me. tumbled for a bit, came up for air, and got pounded again. once i was able to find out where i was the superjet was about 50 feet away from me upside down. couldn't swim very well because i was wearing two wet suites. luckaly a friend finaly found me. got washed down about half a mile. this was on sat. being from TN...tossed around in waves, totaly sucks. i can only imagine how bad this was. glad he's alright. what happpend to the ski?

starter kill

looks to me by pic 5 stans wake is no where to be seen.... sucks that it happened, I wasn't there so I have no idea what happened, but it doesn't make sense for one to ride back into a wave the size of a house that's cresting, indeed the other guy wiped out, but going back into it only to wipe out your self doesn't make sense at all. I don't see where stan did anything wrong.

stanton

High on jetskis.
Hey andrew we both went for the same wave, I thought he would take the left like he had been or drop out the back. I was surprised when I looked back to see ed charging down the face at my wake. I tried to clear out for him but it was too late. Now if it was you that would been on purpose haha

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Hey andrew we both went for the same wave, I thought he would take the left like he had been or drop out the back. I was surprised when I looked back to see ed charging down the face at my wake. I tried to clear out for him but it was too late. Now if it was you that would been on purpose haha
That's some funny shiot right there! Brutal crash though. Not knowing surf freaks me out a bit. Only rode it once and can't wait for another opportunity, but all you surf guys get a ton of respect from me. It's nothing like flat at all. It's alive and ever changing with currents etc, that I am not used to. But... It's a sick kind of addiction.

starter kill

That's some funny shiot right there! Brutal crash though. Not knowing surf freaks me out a bit. Only rode it once and can't wait for another opportunity, but all you surf guys get a ton of respect from me. It's nothing like flat at all. It's alive and ever changing with currents etc, that I am not used to. But... It's a sick kind of addiction.

i know right, it's a whole other world. Im so used to jumping wake behind huge boats and airing it out, but thats nothing compared to these monsters. mad props for even riding out in it.

it could have been worse, he could have been a world famous surfer :eek2: Tom Carrol about to drop in on ross clark jones

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 67

wydopen

onthepipe
He was deeper and in front of you..it was his wave. Granted he should have been able to negotiate your wake and the section that made him pearl but he didn't. He shouldn't have to consider anything else besides what the wave is dishing out. If his ski hit him he probably would have died. When it's that critical there is no need to be hassling for waves. Look t the pics from 08 when Jfb and jetdogg tried to split the peak. Jetdogg got destroyed. There were probably 50 waves ridden thatday and not one of them had a wake on the face. The only wave that two people rode at the same time resulted in a severe beat down. Granted jetdogg is a tool and I got enjoyment out of the beating he received but that's besides the point. The number one rule when it's big and critical is to keep your wakes to a minimum. Poor Edgar learned the hard way..

Last edited:
Top Bottom