New Billet RN Pole to SN Conversion Bracket "Hazard Bracket"

ArtMaybee

I'm Baaaack!
Actually, I think that spring is the UMI style or the 615 freeride spring. It looks just like the one I just bought. I got it to fit easily but with very little tension on the pole or no float to the pole. I've got to figure out how to best mount or mod the spring to work with the hazard bracket on my ski.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Yeah, I don't see that working well at all. Wonder how well those work with stock RN setups. You can see in the pics that the leg has already slipped out of the spring hole because it is too short. And I'm not sure what the other end pushes on, but the RN pole has a nice spring receptacle hole in it already.

i just got my spring today,bent it like it was suppose to and it went in fine and this is what i get after its first ride! WHAT did i do wrong?!?!? ahhhhh!!! this thing cracked!! >=[ idk what do be mad at!?!? i couldnt get a good close up picture of this thing broken...im not trying to bag on your product i just wanna know how this happened to mine!! =(

IMG_20110618_132252.jpg

IMG_20110621_220225.jpg

IMG_20110621_220302.jpg

Last edited:

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
That's what my crappy paintshop pic is referring to. Your spring is at a funny angle going through the bracket so it pushed out the bottom. I'm going to update the design on future brackets to have that area cut out further so people don't have to bend the spring. The spring pressure is going the other direction, so you shouldn't have trouble with it. But it may make some noise since the spring can't float at all.

ArtMaybee

I'm Baaaack!
The umi style spring works. it doesn't go into the spring hole like the Blowsion one does. It just sort of sits on the pole mount. If I can get it bent properly for more tension it'll be great. It was easy to install and works, just has about the tension right now of a stock hp spring.

ArtMaybee

I'm Baaaack!
though I'll be looking for a rubber cap for the end of the spring to keep from scratching the anodized plating off the bracket. Either that tool dip stuff or maybe the rubber caps they sell for blocking off vacuum ports is what I'm thinking.

Any ideas on how to bend the springs if you don't have access to a bench vise? I don't have myself setup with one of those yet. :(

I just got my new blowsion spring today and am having a hell of a time putting it on. Do I need to have the spring in receptacle hole on the pole? I can't get the bolt through when its in the receptacle. Should I loosen the bracket to allow for more play until I get the bolt through?

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I just got my new blowsion spring today and am having a hell of a time putting it on. Do I need to have the spring in receptacle hole on the pole? I can't get the bolt through when its in the receptacle. Should I loosen the bracket to allow for more play until I get the bolt through?

I had to cut about 1/4" off my blowsion spring (the end that goes into the bracket) to make it work. Getting the pole bolt through is a bit of an art form. Pry the spring with a wrench while a buddy beats the bolt through. It takes some patience....

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I apologize if I haven't gotten back to anyone who has PM'd me about brackets. It's been a crazy summer! I'm pretty much out of the last batch, so I'm going to start another list for anyone who is interested and I'll get them out whenever I can. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Top Bottom