New Billet RN Pole to SN Conversion Bracket "Hazard Bracket"

fox river pwc

When in doubt, gas it!
DSCF1981.jpgDSCF1982.jpgDSCF1973.jpgDSCF1974.jpgDSCF1984.jpg

Finally got my conversion bracket installed. Ffffffing saaaaaawwweeeet!!!!!!!!!!

Just gotta break in the new top end and confirm that I like the -2 pole, then paint it white or OEM gray.

Anybody got an OEM 90-91 SN handlepole DECAL??? I really need one for this retro build?

fox river pwc

When in doubt, gas it!
Not too hard to add your own hood prop to this bracket

edit: title should read, HANDLEPOLE prop
DSCF1987.jpgDSCF1988.jpgDSCF1989.jpg

Thought I'd post these for anyone wanting a handlepole prop on their Hazard bracket.

I made mine using an old aluminum handlebar clamp, part of the OEM SN pole spring, 2 6mm hex nuts, 1 6mm bolt, 1 coupler bolt "collar", and some tank vent tubing.

Pics pretty much tell the story.

I enlarged the hole in the clamp to accept the OEM "collar" from a yami coupler cover.

I shaped the clamp using a hacksaw and bench grinder. 5 minutes. Easy.

I bolted it in place and figured out where to drill the hole for the prop - made from part of the OEM pole spring.

I drilled the hole and cut the spring as shown. Then test fit the spring and ground it down so it was at the correct height while the bottom part was resting on the base of the Hazard bracket.

I then used my 6mm die to cut threads in the bottom of the prop/spring, and then jammed two 6mm hex nuts on the bottom of the prop/spring - so it stays in place.

I then bolted the assembly into place using a 6mm bolt - probably was a yami intake bolt from some ski I've parted, with some loctite. I used the threaded hole that was already in the bracket.

Oh, I also slid a piece of yami blue tank vent tubing over the prop/spring.

Works beautifully. Forward momentum will keep it back while riding, and the only way to get it in the "propped" position anyhow is to push the pole all the way up to its max height. 30 minutes total on "machining" LOL and test-fitting/assembly. Granted, with the riva/blowsion pole spring, the pole stays up pretty well, but I've found that when I want to pull the hood on a slope (like my launch ramp), the pole could use some help.

Last edited:

korned

www.dalusionfwx.co.nz
Regarding pole stop.. My stock SN bracket had a long rubber 'block' under the hood hooks. I chopped this in half and installed it... it actually acts as a pole bump stop... of course running a limiting rope as well.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I haven't personally tried it but I think a few others have. Hopefully someone will speak up. If it will fit in a RN bracket, it should fit in this one.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
Yup - lots of black ones ready to go. I can have plain ones ready in a few days if someone wants them. Anodized is recommended though - that plain finish scratches so easily. I may have a clear anodized one too.

What spring should I be using? I purchased the package (pole, bracket, spring) from someone on here and cannot get the spring on for the life of me. It looks different than the spring in your picture. I think its a stock rn spring. Please help. Thanks

I made this bracket for myself because I didn't like the other options for the conversion out there. A few people asked me to make one for them, so I've been having them made in small batches.

With this bracket, you can use the existing pole bolt and hood hooks (in their original locations) and rubber hose cover. It is designed to use the RN spring. There is enough up-travel to get the hood off with an un-modified pole. So basically all you need for a conversion is a RN Pole and spring. Everything else swaps over. I do not have any up-stops built in, so a limiting rope is recommended.

I've heard some concerns about the lack of a pole-lock to hold it up. If you use an aftermarket RN spring, it will hold itself up almost all the way so the stop is not needed.

The newer (08+) Poles are a little different than the 96-07 poles so I would recommend using the latter. (latter meaning latter in the sentence - meaning Use the 96-07 pole!) Here are a couple of links for how to identify your pole and what you can do if you get a post-07:

how to tell 08 poles from earlier ones?

Modified cable mount by Flash-FX

Let me know if you are interested. I have these made in small batches and get more when I run out. Price is $125 plus shipping for a plain aluminum finished bracket. $150 plus shipping for Black or Clear Anodized.

Update: I had one person send in a picture of a pole spring that didn't line up very well with the spring hole in the bracket. It was at an angle and was locking itself in position. If you run into this, bend the leg of the spring slightly so that it can move (see crappy drawing) The spring should be able to pull in and out slightly as you move the pole.

See the rest of the thread for more installed pics!

I have also made some replacement backing plates (Shown below) These are not included with the bracket, but are available for $20+ship.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
I am using a blowsion spring. It will be a pain in the butt to put the thing together no matter what spring you use. Post a pic if you can and hopefully the true identity of your spring can be found.

Top Bottom