Super Jet Blaster 2 760 swap into a Round Nose?

Grant

What is involved in swapping a 96 yamaha blaster 2 760 motor into a 97 round nose hull?

I plan on using the SJ gas tank/ fuel pickup, 650 bedplates, SJ motor mounts, SJ exhaust, and SJ midshaft.

Then swapping the e-box, dual 44 carbs, and coupler from the blaster 2 760 motor. Would that work? Can I use the motor mounts and bedplates from the blaster 2? The bulkhead bearing assembly looks the same as well, is it?

Thanks in advance for helping me with my Frankenstein winter build.

Grant

Looks like installing a B-pipe would require 8mm X 1.25 helicoils in stock exhaust bolt holes. Any other inconveniences?

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Bedplates on b2 760 motor are the same as sj, but b2 motor mounts are different. The midshaft housing is the same, but the driveshaft/pump and midshafts are different sizes. The ebox harness is a little different. The exhaust can be helicoiled without drilling. Just red loctite the helicois and turn them in.

Grant

Thanks for the info.

Still on the fence on whether or not to do this. Sounds like the bottom end on a 701 out preforms the 760 unless the 760 is ported.

If you're going to run a girdled head you will need to grind off or drill out between the jugs on the exhaust side and back of the motor. I'm running a 760 from a b2 with 61x electronics, bpipe, stock b2 44mm carbs and it rips.

These motors can definitely rip in a SJ. Running one in my wife's ski. Ported cases, widened exhaust ports, 38cc domes, stock 44's, 61x electronics with enhancer, lightened flywheel, mod chamber, and a pump cone and it hits good. Even with a 12/17 Concord. Can't wait to swap in a Hooker 9/15 or 10/16 soon and really see how much more it gets.

Ran it with stock 38's for a short while and it was fine but the 44's made it really come alive off the bottom.

IF you do it make sure you run SJ electronics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom