blaster battery location

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
The stock battery box location is more to the rear than the front.

I'm sure that was a mistype for tshank as his op was about moving it to the stock waterbox location...

Good info here, thanks for giving me some additional food for thought on the subject.

On a side note seats, removing the foam from the rear of your hull had no effect on how low it sits in the back. The only time foam effects a skis buoyancy is when the hull is full of water.

Last edited:

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
Ah.
Didn't consider that.
Then it's just the flat-out wieght of the new pump. But you'd think the heavier pump in the ski and NOT having bouancy with foam would cause it to sit lower.

I'm tired. Too much thinking here...

Last edited:
I like the idea of lowering the COG. Blasters are great as they are, but there is always room for improvement when it comes to the style of riding you want to focus on.
I will probably try to do the same thing with my B1, not sure if it will be lower under the seat or where the old water box would mount, but it will end up on the bottom of the ski. I also think that getting the stock battery box out of the way gives you easy access to the rear compartment of the ski without having to undo any wires. (bilges, hoses, trim setups that may be hiding back there)

seatsR4toilets

Just spell my name right
I'm removing the battery bucket and fabricating an aluminum plate that goes over it instead. With maybe only 4 screws instead of 12 or whatever there is.

If you want to maintain the battery position in the stock location and still have easy access to the underneath area for cleaning cooling strainers and maintenance , you can do these two cuts in the fiberglass '' with a dremmel '' ,this allows you to remove the battery without unbolting the cable terminal connections and leaving the battery strapped in the box '' I removed cables for pics only when I was making the cuts '' my stock cables are long enough to just hang the battery box over the side of the seat area .this works great ,,,, also I just use 2 screws to hold the box in place, the seat and seal hold it down in place ....... On my 66e the battery is mounted on the hull in the rear . EDIT : I should ment that the D cut in the body is necessary so the bucket can slide past the cables while still attached .. dont think that you can get buy without em .

Attachments

• blaster foot strap mod 006.jpg
    blaster foot strap mod 006.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 109
  • blaster foot strap mod 005.jpg
    blaster foot strap mod 005.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

is a cult

one with crutches
im in the process of doing this when i stumbled upon this...lets see some pics.
i too am using the water box strap mounts to hold down my stock batt. box modified.

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
i disagree on it helping you board....a 5 pound battery is not gonna make any difference in mounting the ski no matter where it is located, if you think it does help it is all in your head...but as far as racing anything lower will improve stability in the corners

Last edited:

is a cult

one with crutches
my theory behind moving it is to help prevent roll overs in surf when separated from your ski and so its more likely to right itself instead of lay on its side. Also idk about you but my B1 is left side heavy (exhaust?) so this might compensate.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Its more of a 10 pound difference if you think about it. You're taking 5 lbs from one spot and adding 5 lbs to another.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
I'll probably have pics by tomorrow or Sunday. I've got just about everything I need. Its actually going to be real easy.

Top Bottom