blaster battery location

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
some pics

First I grinded the raised edges that support the waterbox so they were flush with the two inserts for the stock waterbox strap. I used a scrap piece of 1/4" aluminum plate I found at work and cut it to the size of a sj battery box. I drilled and tapped the four battery box holes. I drilled two through holes to mount the plate to the inserts. I was going to counter sink the two through holes but all my holes were so off that I think I'm just going to redo it all. You get the idea though. Its actually very sturdy. The only other thing you need is a longer positive battery cable. I suppose a sj cable will work but its a tad short, so you would have to route between the carbs and the motor. I just made a cable from something I found laying around at my work.

is a cult

one with crutches
very nice tshank123!
see that is different then what i was thinking but looks like it would work awesome i just dont have the room there due to the jet craft water box i have. i'll post pics after i make mine but right now im working on the hull.

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
First I grinded the raised edges that support the waterbox so they were flush with the two inserts for the stock waterbox strap. I used a scrap piece of 1/4" aluminum plate I found at work and cut it to the size of a sj battery box. I drilled and tapped the four battery box holes. I drilled two through holes to mount the plate to the inserts. I was going to counter sink the two through holes but all my holes were so off that I think I'm just going to redo it all. You get the idea though. Its actually very sturdy. The only other thing you need is a longer positive battery cable. I suppose a sj cable will work but its a tad short, so you would have to route between the carbs and the motor. I just made a cable from something I found laying around at my work.

that turned out good:bigok:

is a cult

one with crutches
im having trouble finding a way to mount my battery tray and be strong enough to take abuse

hmmmm

photo13.jpg

photo12.jpg

Last edited:

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
You could glass some inserts onto the bottom of the hull. I hate doing stuff like that, thats why I did the aluminum plate thing with the existing inserts.

Top Bottom