Blaster to Superjet conversion

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
Okay....I finished my 09 empty hull build. It runs sweet. Love the new hull!

For my next project:
I have an extra running Blaster with tons of aftermarket parts. I also aquired another 09 SJ hull. So, now I will strip the blaster to build the superjet. I will find out what parts are interchangeable.

Look for pics and updates as I chip away at this project.

ItsRixter

DSC_0096.JPG DSC_0097.JPG Blaster 775 cc 185 psi 100 octane. Tilt nozzle, hood struts, mod b pipe, water injection, msd, lightened fly wheel, dual 48 novi carbs, riva intake manifold with spacer, epoxy cases, alum coupler, dual cooling, riva girdled head, air filters, umi steering and throttle, riva rear exhaust.

removed the tilt nozzle and pump. Notice the blaster shaft is next to a 09 superjet shaft, which is next to a 96-07 sj shaft

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0098.JPG hood removed...had to disconnect start stop switch, throttle cable and drop nozzle cable & hood struts. Unscrewed hood side of hood hinge.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

Nice project. Are you just putting the B1 drivetrain in the sj? Cool thread so far.

Basically yes, as you can see the drive shaft in the blaster is too long. I'll sawp out the drive shaft but the rest of the 144mm pump will work. The jury is still out on the mid shaft...some say it's the same.
The question alsways comes up about throttle, steering cables, ebox so hopefully this thread will comfirm what is the same, what's different and what will work.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
the jury is not out on the midshaft. 94 + superjets have the same midshaft as a blaster. 90-93 superjets with 650's have a different midshaft housing with a smaller bolt pattern.

The ebox is the same. on a 90-07 SJ The only thing different about the steering and throttle cables are the length of cable. depending on the length of your pole they may or may not fit. on 08+ the steering cable is the same as a fx-1. you can't use the older cables with a stock pole.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

you shoulda found a raider or something as a donor ski, blasters are worth keeping together.

I have two blasters. What its worth and what I can sell it for dosen't come reasonably close. Sell the blaster for what? Then buy a Raider for how much? ....and end up with unknown history and less parts that work with the SJ? Not my plan.

Its a shame to see such a nice blaster torn into pieces.

But, I will be doing the exact same here in a couple months :) If you have nearly nothing in the SJ hull you can make alot more than selling the blaster complete. Plus have a lot more fun!

ItsRixter

You guys are killing me....making me feel guilty about this blaster. I tried to sell it first. Couldn't find a stock Superjet for trade either. I'll be selling the entire hull later (no parts).

Last edited:
Top Bottom