Blaster to Superjet conversion

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
DSC_0129.JPG DSC_0131.JPG Rather than disconnect all the fuel and electrical lines I lumped them together so I could take them all with the motor.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0130.JPG I removed the engine bolts, all hose and elec lines holding the motor to the hull. Then pushed the motor forward. The coupler service zert hose line was holding the engine removal

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0134.JPG I tried to pull the motor out by myself. The weight wasn't the problem...it was more the angle and position of my back. Then I thought of something...a makeshift hoist.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0138.JPG DSC_0139.JPG DSC_0141.JPG started pulling each tie down from the storage shelve unit to lift the motor. Extra attention to the carb assembly

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0142.JPG forgot pic...
I left as much as I could connected...ebox, fuel lines all the way to fuel pick ups, wires, hoses, etc

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0144.JPG I know this motor was built by Pro-Tec Performance...suggestions on w any hat this number (923351) means??

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0154.JPG The coupler looks like it is wearing out...possible bad alignment???
Does anyone know what brand this coupler dampener might be?

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0156.JPG DSC_0157.JPG Mid shaft compatability test, Superjet vs Blaster:
Hard to tell since the blaster shaft has an after market aluminum coupler.
Notice the different part number. SJ- 64v JD-2-D "W". Blaster 62E JD-4-B "X". Any thoughts?

Last edited:

SoCal_WaveBlaster

back from the dead
You guys are killing me....making me feel guilty about this blaster. I tried to sell it first. Couldn't find a stock Superjet for trade either. I'll be selling the entire hull later (no parts).

they dont need to worry about the blaster it will be going to a good home once i get out of this rut...lol

yes Rick i still want the hull

Top Bottom