Blaster to Superjet conversion

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
DSC_0809.JPG DSC_0812.JPG DSC_0808.JPG DSC_0807.JPG Now ready to drop the motor in.....
First I had to remove the pad at the bottom of the motor. I guess Blasters have an engine pad. I put the motor in and it seemed to fit but I didn't want to risk it so I took the motor out, removed the pad and dropped the motor back in.

Now time to align motor to the mid shaft. Use a credit card or straight edge to match all sides of both couplers without the rubber dampner in it.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

DSC_0813.JPG Oh Crap...the red battery lead is way too short!!!!!

The Blaster red battery lead is too sort for a SJ so I will need to find one. Let me know if you have one for sale.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

Just to recap so far what works from a Blaster (and what will not):

Compatible:
The entire pump- nozzel, stator, prop, wear ring (except drive shaft) !!! Blaster pump bolts are too long for SJ!!!!!!
Intake grate
Mid shaft (yes it works!!!)
ebox - works but the red battery cable is too short
stock exhaust
B1 waterbox strap matches as the short gas tank strap for SJ
strap hooks mounted to the hull
start stop switch connects near the handle pole but works
throttle (checking on the throttle cable)
fuel selector switch
fuel cap and neck (not filler hose)
fuel pick ups

Not compatible (parts you will have to get):
Waterbox & straps
steering cable
drive shaft (all other pump parts work-!!except pump bolts!!)
ride plate
red battery cable
steering system (bars etc)
fuel tank
motor mounts
latches- seat/ hood latches are not interchangeable
battery box & straps
stock bildge (hose diameter on Blaster is larger than SJ)

Last edited:

ItsRixter

Oh Crap...the red battery lead is way too short!!!!!

The Blaster red battery lead is too sort for a SJ so I will need to find one. Let me know if you have one for sale.

Well I might be in luck. Doing some research.... I may be able to swap the starter cable and positive battery cable and make this work.

ItsRixter

bildge zip tie.jpg Quick tip/ trick
When I installed the bildge pump, I wrapped a zip tie around the pump (under the exit hose outlet and between the tabs) to keep the tabs pushed slightly out. This prevents the pump from popping out when jumping waves.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

pump bolts.jpg Another issue I found with the Blaster to SJ swap was the pump bolts on the Blaster are too long! It only affects the two pump bolts toward the front of the ski. The rear pump bolt holes are deeper and do not have an issue.

Since I have another superjet, I simply swapped them by taking the two rear pump bolts off my other ski and installed them into the front facing pump bolt location of this project ski.

see the pic comparing the two bolt lengths

Last edited:

ItsRixter

shaft comparison.JPG I added arrows to the photo to clarify the drive shafts.
RED = Blaster
BLUE = 08+ Superjet
WHITE = 06-07 Superjet

I took the (red) blaster shaft out and installed the (blue) superjet shaft.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

IMG_0362.jpg IMG_0366.jpg IMG_0368.jpg IMG_0370.jpg IMG_0373.jpg Now the exhaust......I had to re-install the waterbox and hoses since the chamber wasn't aligning too well.

Last edited:

ItsRixter

The blowsion handle pole spring is the best for actually lifting the pole and making it feel lighter but is the worst for instructions and install on lowered brackets!
They recommend cutting 3/8 off the long end. BS! you have to cut way more and the only way to figure it out is to trim more and more off after each attempt to install. And this is for a f-en blowsion bracket mind you! The pole bolt butts right next to the hull so you have to be EXTRA careful when tapping in the bolt.

ItsRixter

Ha ha. It's done and runs great. And for sale too :)
Stunts takes longer than me to get projects done!!!!!

Top Bottom