Super Jet BOB holds vs RRP holds

swapmeet

Brotastic
Bob holds are 350, I know who to call even though they don't answer the phone. I think I can get them for less if I don't get the buckets.

RRP holds are $500, best I can tell, Fast Elements claims they carry them, but they don't answer the phone either.
I've seen an option where they don't cost $500, but i'm not sure if its real or if its Unicorn Rainbow Pee.

I like the way the RRP holds feel in the skis that i've ridden that had them. Which are Rickters... so that may be influencing my opinion.

Never tried the BOB holds. They look alright. More holes and stuff.

I dunno... what do ya'll think?

Last edited:

58vwragtop

Braap Certified
^^^Thats what I thought, you had some Tom's adjustable holds?^^^
I was curious how they were going to work out, and if they were going to be getting produced. I was interested in buying some, but I might end up getting the BOB holds now and try to fit them in the FX1.

Last edited:
Bob holds are 350, I know who to call even though they don't answer the phone. I think I can get them for less if I don't get the buckets.

RRP holds are $500, best I can tell, Fast Elements claims they carry them, but they don't answer the phone either.
I've seen an option where they don't cost $500, but i'm not sure if its real or if its Unicorn Rainbow Pee.

I like the way the BOB holds feel in the skis that i've ridden that had them. Which are Rickters... so that may be influencing my opinion.

Never tried the BOB holds. They look alright. More holes and stuff.

I dunno... what do ya'll think?

RRP footholds aren't 500 bucks anymore, when they first came out as a kit they were $500 but i believe they have dropped in price. I know Blowsion stocks them and they are $399 right now on their website and I believe I saw them somewhere just can't remember for $350. Anyways rrp all the way, not saying the bob's aren't a nice option but for the little difference in price and the easier overall installation that is what I would do, and actually it is what I have done. My roundnose has rrp holds in it and love them. My rickter also has em lol, cause it came with them, they are the newer style and I love them. There is also the rrp nynja holds that wrap around the foot more and I believe are available in a kit as well. I would talk to Taylor about them as he can order anything rrp and usually has it. Anyways just my .02

Go rrp. I just put a set of bobs in my rn and I was really disappointed in the quality. I had to do a lot of trimming and grinding to make the back plate of the holds sit flush to my gunwells and if I put them where there designed to fit it was a solid inch above the stock tray height even with that stupid board your supposed to put on top of the pump. I cut most of the bottoms of them out just so I can keep my tray low and ill be glassing them in tonight.

Krash is a viable option too, I think Zack aka tightithrash would have some info about those. Everyone I have spoken to loves the Krash footholds. I just got my Footrocket the other day and the holds look sweet!

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I put RRP's in my old rn and liked them pretty good, but like the comfort of the bob's more. But they came with the hull... Not sure how the install goes. The RRP's can mess up your pinky toe in a bad way if you aren't kicking in carefully.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
i havent had mine on the water. but enjoy pretending on the stand out in the shop and kicking into my bob holds. they feel nice. but i havent kicked in to rrps or the krash holds. the krash holds have the wrap around for your heel right?

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Yes on Krash holds. I've seen them and talked to the owner of the ski B3IS on the X. And he loves his. He basically wiggles / slides his foot in. No need to kick in. I also loved my Superfreak holds with the Lucas taco turf job. Those and the bobs are my favorites so far. Haven't tried the Krash's yet.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
they did always look like the way they were bolted to the ski pushed them in towards the middle a good bit. but i bet they are nice.

Yes on Krash holds. I've seen them and talked to the owner of the ski B3IS on the X. And he loves his. He basically wiggles / slides his foot in. No need to kick in. I also loved my Superfreak holds with the Lucas taco turf job. Those and the bobs are my favorites so far. Haven't tried the Krash's yet.

yea, tems adjustable holds in our freak are like 2 pillow vices on your feet. very comfy and i cant remember my feet ever flying out. i'm a little worried about that backer board that they screw down to, it may not be the longest lasting stuff. you should have rode that beast at CFW.

I also heard the new ninja RRP FH are the best adjustables on the market, but I'm just a keyboard cowboy so keep that in mind :)

Top Bottom