Blaster Bought the blaster carterb built, tear down and complete build begins

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
yea the black one is bad ass looking didnt no it was middle rear exhaust that new but still sick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Started messing around with a spare seat, still have to cut the seat bottom little more where the grabs are and shorten the back another inch or two, and drill holes through it lose somr weight and let the water be able to flow out. Should turn out just like the one its sitting on just shorter in the back and lower... Anyone know who makes replacement foam and cushion.its a mess just threw it on for the pic. IMAG0775.jpg

Last edited:
have a stock 61x 701 with starter intake carb flywheel and electronics drop in ready to go compression 145 each really clean.. will have pics soon.. asking 625 ..will include full 760 exhaust with it for 700 total

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
What exactly are oh doing to he hull, just shaving the handles, oil sight, and painting it? Then putting a Jetmaniac 718 in it and riding it? Have you ridden it as is?

@ irishblaster, i will keep everyone updated and will post more pics as i make progress, and i will also make a thred about the whole build when it is complete

Well its already rockered and shortened, shaving handles fire extinguisher and oil, I'm trying to do something different eith the hood, havnt messed with that yet though, I have a 4 gallon aluminum gas tank being built, goin to do the jetmaniac 718 with lightened flywheel, with my ada head amd factory limited pipe, msd ignition and cdi, solas mag pump.. I'm ordering 701 industries mounts and steering, going to run the rear waterbox that came in it. And I would like to try a trim system out. And by thr time I got the ski I didnt care to ride it, surf was flat the wknd I picked it up was really more interested in building it so just tore it down

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Damn bro you should have ridden it first just incase there was something you wanted to change or tweak while doing the body work

Damn bro you should have ridden it first just incase there was something you wanted to change or tweak while doing the body work

Yeh i hear ya but I was heart set on the rocker kit ,I actuslly bought the kit for my other blaster and after talking wwith carter i just ended up buyin the ski also lol but i seen nothing but good feedback on the kit and the rear is done nice, the ny guys did theirs identical looks like and seen videos of that flipping easily with a little power behind it obv, riding this with a stock 701 compared to what the finished product will be is a world of a difference in itself, but yoir right woulda been smart, both carter and cj who owned it ssid with a little power tey felt as if they could almost flat water flip this thing.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
I ride a rockered/chopped B1 I'm not saying anything bad about them, they kill the surf! I'm mostly talking about the preference of the rear chop. I've seen a lot of people angle cut them in the back... I haven't ridden one that way but I heard Steves rode real nose high. Me and Zimmy both cut the back following the factory lines. He chopped 3" and I chopped 3.5" and I love mine. You could definitely tune yours with rideplate length but it would have been ideal if you rode it first just incase you wanted it longer or shorter while you are doing hull work and paint. Not knocking anything you are doing, just creating conversation...

I ride a rockered/chopped B1 I'm not saying anything bad about them, they kill the surf! I'm mostly talking about the preference of the rear chop. I've seen a lot of people angle cut them in the back... I haven't ridden one that way but I heard Steves rode real nose high. Me and Zimmy both cut the back following the factory lines. He chopped 3" and I chopped 3.5" and I love mine. You could definitely tune yours with rideplate length but it would have been ideal if you rode it first just incase you wanted it longer or shorter while you are doing hull work and paint. Not knocking anything you are doing, just creating conversation...

Nah I def agree why your sayin, not taking it the wrong way, they actually said same thing this road a little nose high but I was hopin me bein a lot lighter then either of them will help a little, but might add an inch or two back.into.the shortened plate to help out, do you have a pic you could post of your back?

glad to see someone excited to do a full resto on this old girl :) yes its was the original that i made a mold off of. it is all epoxy and s-glass and carbon layup about a 1/4" thick! dropped over 15 lbs off stock in the end and shorter than a SJ. the rear was about -4.5" on the pump side and -7" on outside edge. if you are over 180 lbs i wouldnt go quite as short unless you are pretty tall and can get your weight forward when needed.
Kits always for sale with a guide to getting it done from start to finish making it very straight forward and simple as footholds :)
IMG_20121009_135508.jpg

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Thanks man! I didn't do a before and after weight comparison like Carter but I've been curious. I layered it pretty damn thick and every layer overlaps onto the existing hull and is bonded to it so it's stronger that way. I do like Carters kit but I just wanted to do all the blending and shaping myself so I'd know it was strong rather than take his thick/strong nose and blend it with a couple layers. I haven't ridden one of his yet but it takes the hardest part out of the whole job for an easier project especially since it comes with instructions. I'm considering making another rockered/chopped B1 hull and making even more mods to the bottom deck :)

Top Bottom