Blaster Bought the blaster carterb built, tear down and complete build begins

Tanks almost done, top is just resting on in the pic, once the other hole is drilled for the 90 I'm putting at the top of the front of the tank, that wll be welded on and then weld the top on and its done, the 2 90s in front will have the ends cut down a little more n use clear line for sight on gas level, going to hold just shy of 4.5 gallons.

Tanks done holds exactly 5 gallons and my rear exhaust is done.ski came with the cem teeth rear kit but made my own outlet plate and might place the CEM on top give it dimension..
IMAG0846.jpg
IMAG0855.jpg

Nice work. Can't wait to see it completed.

Thanks, i was pming Dave for a little afew wks back about the 701 stuff, that's def soon on the checklist, wanted to get through the holidays first before I dropped too much into this build just yet. I want the steering and shock kit and motor mounts

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
Nice. Check us out on facebook.....I keep that up to date with parts etc. We have a shipment due in hopefully by the end of the week. You'll love the quick steer and the ease of use with the hood strut kit. Don't know how I've gone so long without one. You going to the Daytona freeride?

Build looks good, I like that tank, are you planning to have more made? 701 quick steer is nasty, definitely a huge improvement over the other steering systems offered!

I wish, couple of my buddies will be there, I won't be making it, ill have this done for wavedaze though in april ill be there, and Yeh from all the remarks the steering sounds awesome, cant wait, ill be placing an order soon.

QUOTE=nizzit;1397647]Nice. Check us out on facebook.....I keep that up to date with parts etc. We have a shipment due in hopefully by the end of the week. You'll love the quick steer and the ease of use with the hood strut kit. Don't know how I've gone so long without one. You going to the Daytona freeride?[/QUOTE]

Build looks good, I like that tank, are you planning to have more made? 701 quick steer is nasty, definitely a huge improvement over the other steering systems offered!

Thanks, and wasn't planning to make more, just wanted something different for this build, but its a possibility in the future, little pricy in the end between the blowsion aluminum pick up, and the aluminum and fittings, and fabricator i work with did all the welding so had to pay some labor, but def happy with the outcome of it

What did it cost you?

I bought a 4x4 sheet ( didn't use it all) but was 65 bucks ,kinda wish i usaed a more expensive grade welds would have went a little cleaner..fittings were like 12 a peice (4)... And the blowsion filler neckare around 150.. then a small labor cost to the fabricator at my work and aluminum wire used

Nice, it looks good. How does it mount in with the rockered nose? Any pics of it in the ski?

Well i shaped the bottom of the tankto the lines inside the hull, but i have some room to play with being the tanks aloy less weird shaped then a stock one, so going to elevate it about an inch or so like the stock was and glass in 3 mounts.. one for the back side of tank opposite of the sight level and 2 on the front side.

Shaving the fire extinguisher off give it a clean look..got the shape cut out where i want it, just have to sand surrounding area to bare glass and start glassing the template i have in place.
IMAG0868.jpg

Top Bottom