brand spanking new super jet wont run!

550headache

tobacco grower
so I finally sack up and buy a brand new 2014 super jet. picked it up from the dealer yesterday. when I get home I wanted to see how she sounded. soon as I hit the start button it revs out to about half throttle and wont shut off!! I yank the hood off(scratched now) and pull the plug wires. still running! then I remember to go WOT to kill a runaway. shut right off. WTF!! figured it was just a little air in the lines so I fill it up with 25:1 and head up to the lake for the long weekend. get it in the water and guess what.... wont freakin run! only runs on full choke and that's barely! call dealer and tell them what happened and the mechanic procedes to tell me that I should NEVER start it out of the water with no load on it and I more then likely blew it up! ya ok buddy. so how did you do the prep? how am I supposed to clear the water out after a ride? this is what I'm going to have to deal with!

well, I'm home now. ski has good compression. ran a dedicated line from tank to carb and still wants to run away out of the water(to rule out fuel valve). I'm headed to the dealer now to drop this off. cant wait to see what the fools over there try to pin on me!

wish me luck.......

King Kang

Never enough tray time...
Intake might not be tightened down causing an air leak. They could have forgotten to install an intake gasket.

IS0LD0UT

I hate winter
Are u sure you dont have air in the lines? Choke it for a while and hold both start and stop to just pull fuel.
Probably something simple. How long did u have it running in water?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Though no warranty on 14s correct?

I think that if they tell him to F* off, then I would mess with the setup myself, but I would also be looking at my options for recourse, calling Yamaha, whoever will listen to my story. No business that likes to stay in business treats people like that.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I know this will surprise most of you, but I got a lot to say. I'm not afraid to call. Call someone else. Show up in person. Call again. Tell all of my friends. Have someone more persuasive call.

Only 1 in 10 people provide feedback to a business before taking their business elsewhere. Some businesses don't rely as much on repeat business so they are less concerned, but the point is that they often expect to tell you to F* off once, twice at best and you go away. When helping you is less hassle than treating you like poop, you usually get helped. It's not like you're even asking for much.

Chevy told me they were not going to replace my Bose stereo in my Silverado. The face peeled at 4 years old and they said "its not covered under your appearance protection package". I could have just let it go, but I didn't buy a base model truck. I bought a luxury truck AND a warranty that should have covered it.

Spoke to service like 3 times, service manager, general manager manager, GM DM manager, my parents who know the general manager well spoke with him, I went into the place a few times. Price of the truck aside, I paid $500 extra for an "appearance protection package" and the appearance was not getting protected. On top of that, my family has bought like 6 trucks from you. Don't tell me it's my problem. It's your problem. Fix that poop.

And my $1000 Bose stereo was replaced, no charge for parts or labor. I was even tempted to buy an aftermarket deck after that and offer to sell them the replacement they had just put in it just out of spite, but the Bose works okay, lol.

No, I'm not one of "those guys". I just stand up for myself, and I do it in a polite and adult way. You should too. Squeaky wheel...

550headache

tobacco grower
its at dealers now. it says in the manual in 4 or 5 places to not run it out of the water for more then 15 seconds. I have that covered.
its getting fuel. I even ran a dedicated line from tank to carb to rule out air. wanted to run away. its the dealers problem. they will fix it. im not wrenching on a brand new ski. that's why we buy brand new. its bad enough I spent the last weekend of summer not riding and being pissed off about this crap! not to mention driving a hour bolth ways to pick it up then doing it all over again today. cant wait to speak to someone in charge on Tuesday and give them hell. this is complete BS!

khaos

Party in a can!
Site Supporter
All jokes aside. I am hoping that @550headache is at the dealer getting his boat right at the expense of the dealer. Thats a lot of bread to lay out for a pile of glass, rubber and aluminum.

Ouch.
I'd stick it to the dealer and definitely not mess with it myself.
Sounds like it should be a simple fix though and no real damage done from the short out of water run time.
Screw their mechanic for being a douchebag.

Top Bottom