Brocks Gulf Tribute Build! **Test Ride\Problems**

well, I have bad news. My clutch blew up on my car, so I have to pay for a new clutch+flywheel, and my parents are splitting the labor cost to get it installed. But I did trade wheels with someone (even). So the clutch is going to take a big chunk out of my motor money:eek2:
12.jpg

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
glad to see your still running that hull , and not selling it off . I have been riding mine lately . still loving it

SO are you implying that some of us bailed out? l still have my bastard child! LOL

Hurry Brock,find a motor and get that "Gulf" ride on the water!

Waternut

Customizing addict
Does it count as a bail out if you change/modify almost everything that was unique to the stunt hull? lol

The only thing I still want to change is the hood size but I'm going to wait until a big slump or next winter for that.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
One less stunt hole guy to push around! lol

Yes,John you too have bailed by modifying or should l say improving the said ski in question.:mischievous:

well today i just found out when i got my paycheck that i officially made my first $1000 from working (mid febuary). took me that long, and only $250 is in the bank:ugh:. Now I need to do that over again to get me enough funds for the ski

no... unfortuneatly. couldnt afford a motor that I really wanted (something big bore like a 781 or something) so I just bought this stock 62t for now. Ill put a head and msd or epic ignition on it once i get some money. still have my b pipe though. Can anyone confirm that its okay to cut off the pipe supports off the stock head? im thinking of smoothing all the casting marks and those supports off just for aesthetics.

it has taken over the garage space, while the vdub sits outside.
IMG_2631.jpg

Last edited:
got my exhaust sorted out. was easier than i planned, was just over thinking it, now I have to find a way to support it. I think im going to try and find a big clamp that is like used for holding wires onto a wall or something. Like a half circle with two tabs for mounting on a flat surface. Dont really know the name...:Eyecrazy:
The flex radiator hose is good for 300* so I should be golden
0607111712.jpg

0607111712a.jpg

Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
When I had a smaller battery like that, I laid it down flat so that it'd clear the exhaust pipes. I guess that battery was sealed though so it may or may not work for you.

If you can't think of anything else, you could always fiberglass yourself a little shelf to sit the tubes on or tie the tubes to.

My battery isnt sealed though, the little red things pop out. I dont even know if this battery works anymore, didnt tender it all winter and it was a cheapo $30 walmart battery. As for hanging the exhaust I got some pipe clamps that go around half the pipe and then tab out and a bolt\screw can be used to attach it to a surface (supposed to be a wall or something). Got creative and used some threaded couplers epoxy\cabosil'ed to the inside of the hull so I can bolt down and maybe remove the clamp if I ever need to. I need to build up the areas around the coupler though because theres a lot of force trying to push that exhaust down and would probably break the epoxy easily.

Top Bottom