broken ankle

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
i swear. i can't catch a break lately.

i'm bummed for real.

at least i rode all day saturday @ daytona... better than nothing i guess.

we'll put together a saki ride at sebby when you're all patched up. :Banane01:

why don't you start sanding that hull down for me since you're not riding :biggthumpup:

Last edited:

beachedflunkey

wavejunkies
Saki STAY OFF THAT ANKLE! Don't go around sanding hulls - I did that and I felt like I rebroke my foot twice last Nov/Dec. Finally I got on crutches, a good sedative diet, and two weeks later I was ready for phys therapy.

Don't worry, you only hurt yourself while you're still learning to ride :poke:

beachedflunkey

wavejunkies
Whatever works :dunno:. I used whatever generic codines I had lying around. I am worthless on that crap. Don't do anything that's going to make you stupid and start thinking you're good for the special olympics :439: :beerchug: :banghead:

You're gonna be fine for the wedding. But hit me up if you need a pinch hitter for the honeymoon :purr:

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
nah, i know exactly when it happened.. i was going up for a BR and the wave stood up on me to close out at the last second as i was going up it so it kicked me straight up instead of up and out (45 degree angle)..

it shot me straight up and i did a complete BR but then both my rotation and my travel came to a complete stop so i fell straight down with no forward momentum at all. i remember landing REALLY REALLY hard (flat landing).. i knew i messed it up right away.. footholds, footstraps, klowners, rickters, whatever.. wouldntve made a difference IMHO.. it was just a hard, flat landing..

Could have been a lot worse - you don't want to be P-Diddy....

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
Sorry if this offends you, Edwin, but "I told you so..." :biggrin:

I'm experienced in breaking ankles. :frown:

I still have trouble with my left ankle from time to time.

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
let me tell you, the ER is no picnic either. IT SUCKS. what a wasted day.

Hospitals suck---can't disagree there. I just don't take chances anymore when it comes down to injuries like this. I KNEW the first one was broken because the rideplate landed on my shin and slid down and STOPPED on top of my foot in shallow water. I don't know why I didn't throw the ski away. :banghead: I had a couple of broken bones with that one.

I didn't think the other one was broken---got tumbled in some surf and jammed my foot hard into the bottom. Thought I just sprained it real bad, but decided to get it checked out anyway. The Doc walks in with my x-rays and says, "So, you ever had a broken ankle before?" :rolleyes:

what happened to pdiddy????????? (i heard about the trailer, but did something else happen to him???)

I think SJBrit was referring to the total carnage Parr did to his foot a couple of years ago. He shattered his foot BAD on a flat landed backflip...:frown:

let me tell you, the ER is no picnic either. IT SUCKS. what a wasted day.

I know how to go to the front of the line in the ER:sneaky: . Just come in on a back board like I did and you pretty much go to the front of the line. Not really the ideal way to avoid the wait but it worked. BTW those back boards are very uncomfortable:frown: .

Get well soon.
Later.
Steve

felix5oh

Carajo,gringos apestosos
Like they said, stay off the ankle and don't try hopping around.

Use a crutch or a cane. Keep the weight off for at least 4 weeks.

You could really damage it permenantly if you try to force it. There's no worst feeling than thinking about jetskiing and not being able too.
When i tore my ACL and Meniscus(knee cartalige), i thought i wouldn't ever be able to ride a stand up ski again. I was very, very depressed. My sergen even said to start out slow, that was 3 years ago and now i'm fine.
Just stay off of it and remember, it could be worst

Sorry to hear that your laid up bro. It sucks being hurt.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Welcome to the Daytona broken bone club.

Sorry to hear about that Saki, I know how it feels, to just be sitting around on your a** for weeks bro. :frown:

Get well soon.

primetime1267

AMSOIL Dealer
Just when I thought those 2 Michelob Ultras I gave to you on Sunday before we left would help your ankle... :beerchug:

Rest and elevation will help with your swelling bro.... Then get to work on Tims ski!!

Top Bottom