Can I run ski without Waterbox ?

vitalikol

Jetski-Snowboard
Can I get reed of waterbox ? can I run ski without waterbox ? I know Factory Pipe was making kit with eleminated waterbox.
And what waterbox basicly doing ?

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I did it on my X2 for a quick test. My left ear was ringing bad after 2mins. Another 750 X2 coming to NJ? We gotta ride as soon as it warms up!!!

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Can I get reed of waterbox ?

you can run the same reeds with or without a box:confused:
without the box it gets rude and loud
annoying and no real difference in power
you may even lose power as the oem pipe is tuned for specific back pressure
so you get hearing loss and no gain in performance

I pulled the waterbox out of an old 650 I had... After about 1/2 a tank of riding, a boat came up to the other end of the lake where I was riding. It had 4 guys in it and they told me that if I didn't take that ski home they were going to sink it and let me swim back. It was SO loud that they couldn't eat dinner.

I was on a private lake.. LOL

Last edited:
Sure, if you intend to piss off everyone within a 1/4 mile from you.

If your goal is to piss off everyone then yes, but it won't give you any performance enhancement at all. NONE!!!!!!

We just had a discussion on the X-metal box thread about loud skis. It seems to be that some would say go ahead and run no waterbox. After all who gives a rip about pissing people off. We are all jetski rock stars and we can do what we want.

Keep this tips in mind when setting up your skis:
Loud skis sound more powerful and are cool!
If its too loud your too old!
Loud skis save lives!

Mike W

Infidel
Some like loud skis, some (like myself) like quiet skis. To each their own but bottom line is you are going to piss everyone off around you with a loud ski. That goes for me as well.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I refuse to type in advice for someone that could not take the time to correctly ask the question...

why is ANYONE responding to this thread? Not that I really care..... I just can not believe that someone types something like that---> and would expect anyone to know what the F he just said...

Last edited:

Mike W

Infidel
I refuse to type in advice for someone that could not take the time to correctly ask the question...

why is ANYONE responding to this thread? Not that I really care..... I just can not believe that someone types something like that---> and would expect anyone to know what the F he just said...

I could semi tell what he was asking but I agree to some degree. He obvously needed to be educated on PWC ediquette.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter

Eric, with a name like vitalikol, maybe English isn't his first language. Take it easy on the poor guy.

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Can I get reed of waterbox ? can I run ski without waterbox ? I know Factory Pipe was making kit with eleminated wanetbox.
And what waterbox basicly doing ?

The SX-R is a reasonably quiet ski. Without a waterbox, you might still be OK.

Top Bottom