Can someone define "freeride" please

Its all about the surf!
Freeride = surf riding
I'd be pretty bummed if I bought the latest "freeride" video and all it was, was a bunch of guys tooling around on flatwater doing "whatever"

Freeride = surf riding
I'd be pretty bummed if I bought the latest "freeride" video and all it was, was a bunch of guys tooling around on flatwater doing "whatever"

:headbang: Werd up! Flatwater is dead, boring, expensive..... :kabong: Parr is gona Kill me for saying this

I even get bored of watching the badest mofo's in the world doing it.

I need to order All My Crazy friends 3.... that is freerinding at its best!

Last edited:

Nascency Chris

The Nascency Project
freeride = surf
freestyle = flatwater/lakes

or

freeride = not competition
freestyle = competition

depends if you live near the surf... he he he..

I tend to like the first one myself, but the landlockers get all upset over that definition for some reason... who gives a ******** what it's called, just do it..

:Banane01::cheer::cool:

slutty just doesn't want to admit that freeride is actually naked riding...

I don't ride in the surf, but there's plenty of wakeboard boats on the river/lake I ride on to keep me busy. I love the way they all stare at me as I jump their wakes and do subs and stuff. Superjets rock! Oh yeah, every time I hear the word freeride, I think about that song..."C'mon and take a free ride, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." Classic.

Freeride = The ability to be a contender and your biggest compettition is yourself and the limits you set. I believe that that the 65 year old gent that I see in the ocean where I ride with his standup that is normally cruising along is freeriding...., at his age barrel rolls and backflips are virtually impossible but I deem him to be as much a part of freestyle and freeride as everybody else. There are some of us that are born with a natural abilty to ride. I guess its like chess.... I play chess but I'm no where near world championship material. So am I a chess player or not.

I believe that freestyle and freeride should have an alternative meaning and it has become that without most of us realising it. Its a brotherhood of people, some skilled some not, be in the darkest hours we stand by each other and should. Take what happened to Joe Kenny and the way the PWC community stood by him.

Freeride / Freestyle = Courage, Compassion, respect, honesty and friends...as long as we uphold these values and show others their mistakes we truly become free to ride in style

sea-dude

To Air is Human
Freeride = The ability to be a contender and your biggest compettition is yourself and the limits you set. I believe that that the 65 year old gent that I see in the ocean where I ride with his standup that is normally cruising along is freeriding...., at his age barrel rolls and backflips are virtually impossible but I deem him to be as much a part of freestyle and freeride as everybody else. There are some of us that are born with a natural abilty to ride. I guess its like chess.... I play chess but I'm no where near world championship material. So am I a chess player or not.

I believe that freestyle and freeride should have an alternative meaning and it has become that without most of us realising it. Its a brotherhood of people, some skilled some not, be in the darkest hours we stand by each other and should. Take what happened to Joe Kenny and the way the PWC community stood by him.

Freeride / Freestyle = Courage, Compassion, respect, honesty and friends...as long as we uphold these values and show others their mistakes we truly become free to ride in style

Wow dude you think to much. :hitwithrock:

I think the main ingredient in freeriding must contain the open ocean. This may not be "P/C" for those unfortunate land locked riders...but once you taste the salt, surf, sun, bikinis (10 months) and 78 degree average water temp you soon discover what East Coast Freeriding is all about.

brett

-------------
i thought it was about small waves and shallow breaks. ................................................................................j/k

D-Roc

I forgot!
you guys got it all wrong, FREERIDE=Someone elses ski. it don't matter if its surf or flatwater salt or fresh, if its borrowed.....the ride session was Free!

Top Bottom