Can we make a westcoast free ride that everyone would want to attend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondance

Just plain me....
i thought the title of this thread was make a free ride that everyone can attend?

Can we make a free ride that everyone would want to attend ?

can & want....two different words

Personally I wouldn't be able to make a Cali ride; but the idea is fabulous. How many people cannot make the Daytona ride because they live on the west coast? Same theory goes for the east coast riders going to a west coast ride. Simple fact of location; not all people will be able to attend all events, but that shouldn't stop a ride ...no matter where.

Why shouldn't there be a west coast ride? You've got someone willing to step up to the plate & organize an event. I say either support the organizers or keep your thoughts to yourself.

So good luck Butch. If I win the lotto, I'll definitely be there with my colored tequila:cheer:

nikad58

1974 YZ 701
i thought the title of this thread was make a free ride that everyone can attend?

unless someone sticks a wave maker in the middle of galveston bay i don't think there will be a freeride that everyone can attend.

(The idea of this ride is to get as many people together from around the country as possible for a westcoast ride !!)
I guess I should have stuck this in the title not the 4th paragraph... sorry my bad, I just edited it now..

I was hoping that with enough notice anyone that has the meens to vacation on on the westcoast would want to attend... they key word is "Want", there is just no way we "can" get everyone here..

Oh my little green hat girl.. if you have the time I will make sure you get here !!! hahaha

Last edited:

nikad58

1974 YZ 701
1. A name for the ride...
2. A date that doesn't conflict with any other events and gives the whole family a chance to attend..
3. A location..(Pismo,Mexico,?)
4. A type of event, Basic soul surfing style?, Challange?, Competition?, All of these ?, or ?
5. Team up with the east coast guys with their competion ideas and go for a double wammy ?
( I was thinking early July for a best turn out and also the fall is booked up with great events, W/F,Smashing Pismo. The spring/summer would give a better chance for everyone to attend (schools out, vacatins, etc.) and also no rides are going on out here untill the fall..
I also would like to see something to get Ross and Pete to end this double roll thing ! )

So should we go for it ??

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
1. A name for the ride...
2. A date that doesn't conflict with any other events and gives the whole family a chance to attend..
3. A location..(Pismo,Mexico,?)
4. A type of event, Basic soul surfing style?, Challange?, Competition?, All of these ?, or ?
5. Team up with the east coast guys with their competion ideas and go for a double wammy ?
( I was thinking early July for a best turn out and also the fall is booked up with great events, W/F,Smashing Pismo. The spring/summer would give a better chance for everyone to attend (schools out, vacatins, etc.) and also no rides are going on out here untill the fall..
I also would like to see something to get Ross and Pete to end this double roll thing ! )

I say you do like a cool East VS. West contest but the east coast rides @ a given location in the east and the same for the west. So some way do like a broadcast between the 2.

Kinda far out idea but it would be cool:biggthumpup: :biggthumpup:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
I love the idea. But I do agree that cali is much harder for most people to get to. I did notice that we had a much larger turnout for the Freestyle Surf Slam in Pismo this year then the IFWA Oceanside event last year. As much as I prefer the surf in Mexico it just isn't as practical. I think Pismo is the best option to get the biggest turnout. Lets make it happen. I don't mind whoring my ski for the weekend.

F

Freestyleriverrat

Have you guys seen the vehicle transporter companies that ship vehicles from one end of the country to the next. I wonder if it would be possible to organize a east coast ship ment of skis. Lets say he starts in NJ, then goes down south to TN or AL, then over to Oklahoma,,,,,so forth and so on. Everyone would be responsible for getting their boat to a regional pick up location as opposed making the arrangements to have 1 boat shipped. You could fit a crap load of boats in a 18 wheeler. Divide the cost by all the people and it may turn out to be a cost effective way of organizing a huge event that eveyone can attend.

nikad58

1974 YZ 701
Have you guys seen the vehicle transporter companies that ship vehicles from one end of the country to the next. I wonder if it would be possible to organize a east coast ship ment of skis. Lets say he starts in NJ, then goes down south to TN or AL, then over to Oklahoma,,,,,so forth and so on. Everyone would be responsible for getting their boat to a regional pick up location as opposed making the arrangements to have 1 boat shipped. You could fit a crap load of boats in a 18 wheeler. Divide the cost by all the people and it may turn out to be a cost effective way of organizing a huge event that eveyone can attend.

Looks like its a go !!!

I have been dealing with a few trucking companies shipping ski's and i will ask some questions..

I'm thinking competition, no competition is going to the poll's to find out what the people want.....orrrrr run two events like smashing did ??

Last edited:

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
can & want....two different words

Personally I wouldn't be able to make a Cali ride; but the idea is fabulous. How many people cannot make the Daytona ride because they live on the west coast? Same theory goes for the east coast riders going to a west coast ride. Simple fact of location; not all people will be able to attend all events, but that shouldn't stop a ride ...no matter where.

Why shouldn't there be a west coast ride? You've got someone willing to step up to the plate & organize an event. I say either support the organizers or keep your thoughts to yourself.

So good luck Butch. If I win the lotto, I'll definitely be there with my colored tequila:cheer:

With a ride on the west side everyone would be able to make at least one ride this year.....even if everyone can not make the same ride

YES!!!!

Just start one up and keep it simple. Pick a spot and a date. People will show. No competitions, just free-riding.

:headbang:

just everyone get together to have fun is my vote! We need to keep this easy!

As much as I prefer the surf in Mexico it just isn't as practical. I think Pismo is the best option to get the biggest turnout. Lets make it happen. I don't mind whoring my ski for the weekend.

:biggthumpup: :biggthumpup:

nikad58

1974 YZ 701
I just sent a message to a trucking company i use to check rates on a truck starting in NY then off to Orlando, Kansas and out here.. they do event pick ups like this and said it would be no problem.. also for anyone that is on the way of the route can have them stop in any city (along the way)and make a pick up for $100.00 !!
I should have a price monday/tuesday

Also my trailer holds 4 skis and my truck 2 it would take but a hour or two to empty the truck and have them on the beach..

Howabout July 13th - 22nd with the event bashing on the 21st/22nd ?

Last edited:
I really like the idea of this event but lets keep in mind that some of the best freestylers(not freeriders) in Cali don't ride in the surf and most likely wouldn't attend..**Maybe** a possible location to consider for this event could be San Diego Ca, at their water park rec area, tons of tralier/tote access, tons of parking, super nice shore line of sand and grass, water is mainly smooth but I *believe/think* the surf is close by being the water park is salt water and behind a protective sea wall , freakin tons of hot bikini clad women, lots of hotel/motels and an arsenal of hip restaurants and jam packed clubs. I have only been there twice and always thought, Dam, this is where they should host the World Finals, so much nicer, so much more to do, every thing imagineable is there in the way of entertainment..Maybe someone with MORE knowledge/experience with the San Diego water park/rec area could chine in(Rick Nies??).......it's just a though guys....................:cool2:

jeepmark4x4

Backflip, weeee
haha i would have to give my car an oil change during the road trip from Georgia!!! Well calculating the depritiation on my vehicle/gas mileage/ and time it would be more economical to ship the ski and fly but only because I have ONE ski, people with multiple ski's would think otherwise. But i have NEVER been west of alabama so IM IN, I heard californians are green with french accents.

BlowStuffUp

Twinkle Toes
its funny how the majority of the x rides are on the east coast, but the second a west coast one comes up its "out of the question" for most people. i think we can make this happen. everyone always complains about how west coast has better surf than their local spot, heres your chance to come out and ride some good surf, and hang out with some chill people.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
Whats the closet airport to pismo? If the trucking thing worked out and i oculd send a ski over and have it when i get there i think i manage the trip.

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
Howabout July 13th - 22nd with the event bashing on the 21st/22nd ?

Something around that time would work for me!! I dont think I could do all week but a three day weekend could be done.

its funny how the majority of the x rides are on the east coast, but the second a west coast one comes up its "out of the question" for most people. i think we can make this happen. everyone always complains about how west coast has better surf than their local spot, heres your chance to come out and ride some good surf, and hang out with some chill people.

:biggthumpup: :biggthumpup:

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
I really like the idea of this event but lets keep in mind that some of the best freestylers(not freeriders) in Cali don't ride in the surf and most likely wouldn't attend..**Maybe** a possible location to consider for this event could be San Diego Ca, at their water park rec area, tons of tralier/tote access, tons of parking, super nice shore line of sand and grass, water is mainly smooth but I *believe/think* the surf is close by being the water park is salt water and behind a protective sea wall , freakin tons of hot bikini clad women, lots of hotel/motels and an arsenal of hip restaurants and jam packed clubs. I have only been there twice and always thought, Dam, this is where they should host the World Finals, so much nicer, so much more to do, every thing imagineable is there in the way of entertainment..Maybe someone with MORE knowledge/experience with the San Diego water park/rec area could chine in(Rick Nies??).......it's just a though guys....................:cool2:

Are you nuts? why would anyone in their right mind drive all the way to san diego to ride on a lake. They can do that anywhere. I live an hour from SD and I wouldn't. Sack up and ride some surf!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom