Can we make a westcoast free ride that everyone would want to attend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waste Land

Non Multa Sed Multum
its funny how the majority of the x rides are on the east coast, but the second a west coast one comes up its "out of the question" for most people. i think we can make this happen. everyone always complains about how west coast has better surf than their local spot, heres your chance to come out and ride some good surf, and hang out with some chill people.

Or....its just more so that we have a larger majority of riders including R7 where freestyle is bigger then anywhere else. Yes, it is out of the question for most people because its friggin on the other side of the country. We can attend tons of rides here for surf and flat....or make one trip to CA.

Why arent you lugging your ski across the country? because its out of the question

Are you nuts? why would anyone in their right mind drive all the way to san diego to ride on a lake. They can do that anywhere. I live an hour from SD and I wouldn't. Sack up and ride some surf!!!

Because not everyone is so anal about surf and do not ride it everyday. People made the drive from Canada to GA for the past 2 years to ride a lake. Thats WAY more then I'd travel but whatever. Because its fun to ride with alot of friends

Last edited:

nikad58

1974 YZ 701
If people wanted to fly into Ontario airport (a major airport close to me,sorry LAX sucks) I can pick up 3 people.. 4 more if someone I know wants to use/drive my truck to haul a few people.. fly in/out days would have to be set up pretty tight..

Im thinking of a way to use help from a sponsor for the trucking idea (if enough eastern/mid/south guys want to come out) i know air fare is pretty cheap if booked for enough in advance..

It might also be a good time to make some deals on selling ski's across the nation !

Last edited:

Phill

v Check out Little Matt_E
Sounds like this might work out!

We need to get some dates set in stone if people are going to make plans to come from so far.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
If people wanted to fly into Ontario airport (a major airport close to me,sorry LAX sucks) I can pick up 3 people.. 4 more if someone I know wants to use/drive my truck to haul a few people.. fly in/out days would have to be set up pretty tight..

Im thinking of a way to use help from a sponsor for the trucking idea (if enough eastern/mid/south guys want to come out) i know air fare is pretty cheap if booked for enough in advance..

It might also be a good time to make some deals on selling ski's across the nation !
We might just take you up on that one, it just means no boats for us.

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
How far is LAX from pismo? For round trip from chalotte to LAXfor me its $249. So we camp for the week its really not that expensive of a trip.

Mike Serlin

NOW SPORTING A BIONIC LEG
Because not everyone is so anal about surf and do not ride it everyday. People made the drive from Canada to GA for the past 2 years to ride a lake. Thats WAY more then I'd travel but whatever. Because its fun to ride with alot of friends

Don't tell me about that. I flew to the daytona ride last year injured to hang out with peeps. All I'm sayin is that if there's gonna be a freeride in California, it would be freakin retarded not to have it in the surf.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Don't tell me about that. I flew to the daytona ride last year injured to hang out with peeps. All I'm sayin is that if there's gonna be a freeride in California, it would be freakin retarded not to have it in the surf.
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot::woot:

nikad58

1974 YZ 701
We might just take you up on that one, it just means no boats for us.

OMG .. everyone knows I'm a whore.. I pimp my skis out.. you will have something to ride if you get here !! I will have at the least 2 roundies, 2 Blasters.. My trailer holds 4 skis and my truck two ! god only knows if I will have more by then..

Sounds like this might work out!

We need to get some dates set in stone if people are going to make plans to come from so far.

Should we set this in stone ?? July 13th - 22nd (for the vacationing die hards) with the event growing on the 20th/21st/22nd (for the light weights)

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
OMG .. everyone knows I'm a whore.. I pimp my skis out.. you will have something to ride if you get here !! I will have at the least 2 roundies, 2 Blasters.. My trailer holds 4 skis and my truck two ! god only knows if I will have more by then..

Should we set this in stone ?? July 13th - 22nd (for the vacationing die hards) with the event growing on the 20th/21st/22nd (for the light weights)

Dont think that 22nd will work. Its the weekend of the cleveland Rock-n-Ride.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
See...it's good we're trying to set a date now. It's needed for commitment and to plan with other rides.

nikad58

1974 YZ 701
We can make it any date we want.. I was only picking the summer to give families (schools are out/vacations) a chance to attend..

I will call and check out the camp sites tomorrow.. I'm not sure if what dates are available.. all's it says is... Your arrival day has to be within 6 month(s) from today. Please choose an earlier arrival date or check back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom