Custom/Hybrid Canadian Freestyle ROK Rebuild

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
decided to start a new build as the only things that are staying the same as last year is the hull and the pole!

this is how the rok looked at the end of last year

attachment.php

ok so specs....

picked up a used jetwork 6mil stroker, was 84mm 820cc but due to what looks like the front cylinder had been running lean i had it rebored to 84.5mm

will be running an ATP head with 35cc domes

ATP Billet drive couplers

powerfactor pipe - just started laying it in.. its going to take some work

boyseen intake system with dual ATP 48mm annular discharge carbs

ATP Flame total loss

Balistic 12 cell battery (2.4lbs)

144mm set back mag with 9/15 hooker and ATP Turn nozzle

ATP Adjustable intake grate, will have to make an adaptor plate

ATP Billet pole

i must be missing some stuff cos my bank account says i have more going on

Last edited:

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
some dry fits of the power factor pipe and water box

first lay in with no motor

attachment.php

now im playing with straps and blocks for alignment, to get the chamber aligned to the manifold and then teh chamber to water box is tough with the low height at the front of the engine bay on the rok... im not sure i like the design of the pfp waterbox, its a very akward shape and in this hull is a pain to fit

attachment.php

got the alignment somewhere close but still not happy

attachment.php

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
thanks guys.. had another play with the pfp today this time with hoses on, think i have it figured and have marked where i need additional strap hooks

attachment.php

will have to pack the water box so it dont rub

attachment.php

filter/flow valve is pretty close .. but once strapped i think that will sort itself out

attachment.php

the next fun will be the outlet from the water box to the rear exhaust tube .. on a rok the bulkhead exhaust hose also exits at a vertical angle, plus the hose will be tight to the intake system

attachment.php

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Wow this should be fun to try out, 6mm, Flame and a PFP :) Great details so far. Interested to see your thoughts on the PFP and new motor.

Last edited:

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
thanks brian.. yeah i cant wait to have it all together, decided it was time to try something different than the b-pipe..... if you dont try something you will never know right!

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
got my tank today.. fits... just

thinking about simply having a spacer between the tank and waterbox and strapping them together.. not sure if this is a good idea or a bad one... tank is pretty snug and solid in there

attachment.php

yes... the hood fits... just

attachment.php

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
switched from the kart tank cos this is 3 gallon .. the kart tank is 2, i got around 45 mins of riding on my last motor (jm 718 single carb) at events like wavedaze where you have to pull your ski out to gas up its a drag so i wanted the biggest tank i could this year

switched from the kart tank cos this is 3 gallon .. the kart tank is 2, i got around 45 mins of riding on my last motor (jm 718 single carb) at events like wavedaze where you have to pull your ski out to gas up its a drag so i wanted the biggest tank i could this year
Whats the part number on that jaz tank?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter

Thanks for the info. I got the same dilemma going on, but at least with my current b-pipe setup I have the option to swap my stock tank in for special days.
However, I'm considering ordering a PFP but I'm afraid the 1L motor will make short work of 2.5 gallons of gas. Not going to work too good for v-wake sessions and such.
3 gallons isn't too bad I guess. I wish someone made a custom tank that sort of balloons out over the top of the PFP.

Top Bottom