Custom/Hybrid Canadian Freestyle ROK Rebuild

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
this seems to be a similar issue the previous owner had also, they told me they had blown an oring

im thinking there is maybe a crack in the cylinder somewhere allowing the cooling water into the cylinder

i have pulled the cylinder tonight

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Did you check squish? Just use some clay or anything if you dont have solder. Tryin to guess here. Anyone else have any ideas? Did u install all orings. Ones on top of domes also by plugs?

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
first time out i was a retard and missed the orings between the dome and the head shell so i was convinced that was the issue

the pics are from my run last night which was installing brand new orings (all of them)

was giving me 170 psi per cyl

once it hit the water is was 170 rear, 190 front which im guessing is from the cream

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
havent checked squish, i have to pull the rest of the motor out of the hull and ill check it, but i dont think thats it

im really stumped, my feeling is that this issue was with the motor all along, its just finding it!

i think the way around it is to replace the cylinders, im convinced the issue is in the cylinder somewhere

hey brian

with an ATP head you use grease to hold the orings in and then use rtv on the cylinder surfaces, so its the rtv you can see

also remember this happened after 60seconds of running the ski

It was my understanding the heads were the same thing, different logo on them? ADA specifies more than once in their directions not to use any sealant. Might be worth a try?

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
somethings afoot at the circle k

attachment.php

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
well, motor is fixed

just still toying with a different set up now, having the issue allowed me to look at options and im still torn

i have a running motor but .....

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
thanks brian will be throwing it in the ski thursday morn with plans to test at flatwater . . . at least then i will know either way if its good or bad . . . then if i keep it or sell it i have confidence either way

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
we the plans changed litterly at the 11th hour.. decided as jetmaniac was bringing my new motor there was no point installing a motor twice

got the motor friday morning and after a couple of hours had her on the water

big thanks to the canadian crew, Marc, Corey, Scott for being the tech team while we were putting it all together and marc for taking her out and rolling her!

attachment.php

marc enjoyed her!..... maybe too much

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom