Custom/Hybrid Canadian Freestyle ROK Rebuild

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
when you first install a pfp it looks like there is a ton of room... but actually there is not due to the shape of the chamber, the shape of the rok then compounds that.... these tanks are 8x8x14

depending on your hull you could maybe squeeze in a larger tank, on the rok this seems the best option

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
motor is all painted up

got my pfp back so might actually be able to start making some progess

attachment.php

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
thanks guys.. credit has to go to doug....

started looking at fitting the ATP adjustable intake grate

looks like i will need a plate for sure, was trying to do a couple strips but not looking right

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
So im thinking of maybe bolting a plate in and then glassing over it, that way i can build up the void and i can make a "ramp" towards the top of the grate

would have been so much easier if the rok didnt have this crazy pump design

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
finally some progress......

attachment.php

lent out my pfp manifold so im waiting to get it back.... bill.....:)

also waiting on carbs.. seem to have sold mine ... oh.. and the intake grate!

hopefully will be ready for wavedaze so i can do my mandatory 20 mins of riding!

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
well im still waiting on a couple of key parts but i decided to fit the pipe

lets say anyone who says "im going to throw a pfp in" is in for a rude awakening, this has been a b!atch to install, its in.. but strapping etc has been .. erm fun??

attachment.php

i was planning on running a 3 gal jazz tank, but unfortunately in the rok that aint going to happen, hood wont close... so its back to the 9ltr cark tank.. from what i understand the pfps are thirsty and with dual 48s i will be spending some time refuelling!

as you can see everything is tight, water box is not sitting at the angle i wanted but the hose will "help" to pull that back, to get the compound angle for the chamber to exit the manifold and then enter the water box it makes the filter/flow valve assembly very close to the underide of the nose at the front

attachment.php

and no to add insult to injury i cant even put the kart tank in at the mo as i dont have long enough straps left :banghead:

the way the chamber has to be strapped in the rok to create these angles im worried will put too much side load on the motor, i guess we will see

but at the moment i dont have my domes in so i had to throw the head on with a couple of the girdle nuts as without bolting it down the pipe once strapped was pulling the cylinder over

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
im hoping so brian, its been certainly an experience trying to squeeze it in

my carbs are due to ship to me around 16th so ill be riding this ski for the first time at wavedaze....

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Looking good Steve. I'm going to try tackling my PFP install in my Freak this weekend. I'm not looking forward to it. My hull is set up for a B-Pipe with stock tank and stock battery location.
I'm also wondering what to do about the hose between waterbox and thru-hull tube.

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
best advise i have on strapping the water box.... i put hooks in and went over the top

i wish i had put the hooks on the side of the hull and strapped that way would pull the wtarebox a little and help with hose alignment!

installing the pfp really is a step by step process, i pulled the chamber out a number of times, strap size.. frustrating

the "hole" left for the tank is tight for the Jaz, i noticed the tank if positioned wrong will hit the inside radius of the chamber

im going to try to see if there is another way of strapping the tank in, Bill and Daryl just came round and gave me some fresh ideas

i only have a 90dgeree hose here, im going to see if i can cut it at 45 and make it work

on the bright side the space by the bulk head is nice to see.....

Matt, if you dont have your hooks already glassed in you may need longer than a weekend....

Top Bottom