Carnage - Bikes or Body

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Got body slammed Sunday morning riding, front end washed out. Did not even get enough warning to even think "Oh Crap".

AugustDownloads2010001.jpg

Left index finger hyperextended. Not sure if there is a fracture or not.

I low sided this year at a track day for the first time. Tires were just a little too cold and front end washed out. Same thing.....absolutely no warning. I was shocked because I knew my tires were cold so I was really taking it easy.
Got lucky with very little bike or body damage.

SKI TILL I DIE!

YUMMMMMMMY
Was riding my road bike on the local route and was meeting up with some people to ride. Unfortunately i never made it. A girl pulled up to the street about to pull out of her driveway(not in reverse), I noticed she was not looking/didn't see me (in my yellow cycling jersey) and grabbed the brakes.wheels locked up and started sliding down the road and tried to avoid the car but just wasn't good enough and didnt get on those brakes in time. Direct hit from the front bumper as she pulls out. Bike gets thrown aside. screaming like crazy as i get "pushed" approx. 10 feet down the road. both hands on the bumper as the tire rubs one side of my body, other on the asphalt. Could have been much worse (ran over) so i cant complain. Hauled away in the ambulance.shoulder skin was burned to the bone.Pic from the next morning. IMG_0896.jpg

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Another reason I just sold my road bike damn brother. Had a bike wreck when I was 14 going down a hill (asphalt). Spent 2'days in hospital with skinned up shoulders knees and arms. Hope you heal up quick and pain free as much as possible.

dolphinangel

Kimpossible
on march 17th, 2010 i was on my lunch break. a car decided to turn in front of me(him cross over into my path). I knew he was gonna go, so I applied my brakes and try to go behind him, but didn't want to hit the median. Well I hit him on his passenger rear door. I managed to fracture my pelvis in the mean time. Took me about 6 weeks before I was fully up and walking. It was a a very rough recovery. In 8 weeks, the doc released me to go back to work light duty. I had a desk job when i had gotten into the wreck. When I was due back to work, they filled my position and moved me to be on my feet 8hrs a day. (long story short, I am no longer working at this job) I am healed up for the most part, still hurt once in a while depends on what I do.

*was riding a dual sport, KLR250. Totaled the bike.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
on march 17th, 2010 i was on my lunch break. a car decided to turn in front of me(him cross over into my path). I knew he was gonna go, so I applied my brakes and try to go behind him, but didn't want to hit the median. Well I hit him on his passenger rear door. I managed to fracture my pelvis in the mean time. Took me about 6 weeks before I was fully up and walking. It was a a very rough recovery. In 8 weeks, the doc released me to go back to work light duty. I had a desk job when i had gotten into the wreck. When I was due back to work, they filled my position and moved me to be on my feet 8hrs a day. (long story short, I am no longer working at this job) I am healed up for the most part, still hurt once in a while depends on what I do.

*was riding a dual sport, KLR250. Totaled the bike.

You may have a lawsuit there. If your injured, they cannot terminate your position. Falls under "Family Medical Leave Act". When you came back, under light duty restrictions, I would not think Standing up would fall in that catagory.........

Something to think about.

ok look what i had done on sat :-}}}

I torn right triceps tendon off the bone and had to have it re attached

CIMG0978.jpg

CIMG0980.jpg

CIMG0982.jpg

CIMG0984.jpg

5 hour surgery and 30k latter im screwed and wired back together

dolphinangel

Kimpossible
You may have a lawsuit there. If your injured, they cannot terminate your position. Falls under "Family Medical Leave Act". When you came back, under light duty restrictions, I would not think Standing up would fall in that catagory.........

Something to think about.

Well we tried everything we could. I tried so hard to go back to work. Bad thing is that they do not fall under the FMLA because they had less than 50 employees. I had to go about it through the EOCC.(think that is what the initials are), but that is a long process. I could walk and get around. The doc just said that I need to take a break every 2 hours and they wouldn't allow me to do that.

*will not post my pics*

Last edited:
landed my SJ off a wave and my weight went forward just before my chest hit the bar pad i heard a pop and it felt like someone hit me in the back of the arm with a bat .
i new it had tore off straight away as i tore my left one back in 2003 doing MX . i raced bike for a long long time and so far have an injury list that is up there with the best of them :-}}}
47 breaks and fractures , 3 knee ACL replacements 2 x R 1 x L , 2 x 8 inch plates and 16 screws in lower R leg , 3 screws in R knee , 2 screws in L knee , 2 screws and 3 pins in R wrist , Ti plate and screws in back of R shoulder , Screws and wires in L elbow , screws and wires in L elbow now :-} , 23 connussions , 3.5 days in a coma oh and i died once on the operating table .
i gave up racing at the end of last season as i hit 40 and just dont bounce any more :-}}}

would i do it all again HELL YES :-}}}

dolphinangel

Kimpossible
dang! wow! That's something else and you are still here :) the only thing that happened to me was the pelvic fracture and that was painful. Couldn't imagine going through all that you did.

Top Bottom