Cases 62t vs 61x

JIIG

JIIG77
I`ve understand that the best setup for freestyle is 62t case with 61x cyl.
Is it a big difference between 62t and 61x cases?
Is a 61x dual carbs engine more powerfull then a 62t stock?
Alot off question but i really need to now.

Thanks/ Jiig

Big Kahuna

Administrator
61x is a single carb engine, 93-95 was the years they used them, in 96 they started supplying the SJ with 62T Cases and 61x cylinders which utilized dual 38mm carbs.

You can have a very strong 61x based engine built (stick to someone who actually specializes in this setup like Head Enterprises). Or you can go with a 62T setup....... Both can work very well.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
I was comparing some angles and intake sizes last night on my bench, 62t vs 61x.

It looks to me like the 62t will flow slightly MORE thru the intake tract

But the 61x isnt far behind, and in my opinion, the 61x offers more of a straight pathway into the cases

I know everyone here is all ghung ho on the 62t cases, but I really think that the 61x cases were simply given up on too early/easily.

61x cases can be bought for $60

62t cases cost more like $200+

carbs/intakes and reeds are cheaper for the 61x engines too.

I doubt on a well setup engine, that you would feel the $140 difference in power.

ANT

Just ride
96-up superjet comes stock with 61X cylinder and 62t cases(daul carb). The difference you'll notice between 61x cases and 62t cases is bottom end power, there is less of it if you run 61X cases. Otherwise they're pretty close as long as you dont go to a big bore motor or something then the 61x cases wouldnt makes sense having. The 62T cases flow better.

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
So 61x cylinders with 62t cases and a single 46 should rock the bottem end?

Also i am planning on sending my stuff to team scream to be ported, Would this setup work good like that?

You are too much thought into the wrong area. Ask more questions about porting, pipes, and props. A miscalculation in these areas will reduce performance a lot more than a stock 61X case and carb.

The 61x cases DO NOT offer a more straight entrance into the cases. The ultimate goal of the charge is to get into the transfers then ontop of the piston. The 61x cases are fine when used with a good setup (single carb is part of it). In the 61 the charge has to change direction almost 180*, plus the cages are smaller. Yes in the days of the tour limited a 61x set had a good chance against a 62t but in higher hp applications there is no compition between the 61x and the 62t. In fact a buddy of mine owns a case where kawi cages are welded onto 61x and the charge tract angle is even better (horizontal to the top of the crank) than the 62t cases.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
64X cases are virtually identical to 62T cases.
The only difference are the added pulse fitting (or boss to fit an extra fitting) and slightly larger openings for the sleeve bottoms.

What you describe (64X/61X cyl) is very nearly a stock 96+ Superjet engine.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Not anymore.
I used to run an engine with home-ported 61X cases and 760 cylinder.
Hit pretty nicely.

chrisdoc0608

insulting
I thought dual carbs were more top end race oriented and a big single was better for low end... what are you running chris doc?

im running ported 62t cases with a single 46, 200psi, and ported 61x cylinder. it hits nice, but im sure there is more power to be had with a different carb setup, i just dont like the idea of tuning duals as a single is tough enough for me lol

Top Bottom