CD155MX X2 build

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
Ok here is a little backstory. I bought my first X2 last season for my GF to ride. I picked up the ski for super cheap. The ski was really ugly and had been not treated all that nice, but it had some nice parts and ran well so i decided to go ahead and get it. At first I had no real plans of ever doing anything with the ski, but I soon realized how much fun they are and I couldn't resist.

Well now I have decided to do a little build for my GF.

Here is what the ski looked like last season.
000_2276.jpg

000_2272.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

Well during the winter I found another X2 that had a much nicer hull minus some spots where the hull had been hit or drug along something. I picked it up and then had one nice hull (that needed some repair work, but had a much nicer top deck) and a decent power plant and parts. Soo I had enough to make a really nice X2.

Here is the Hull that has a much nicer topdeck.

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

My GF(Magda) and I have started work on the Hull to repair the damaged spots on the bottom deck.

Gotta pressure wash the dirt off first.
DSC00356.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

Here is the beginning of the Hull Repairs.

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

Next is more fiberglass work and lots more sanding. Later this week I will have a set of TOMS tubbies installed. Pics to follow.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Ok here is a little backstory. I bought my first X2 last season for my GF to ride. I picked up the ski for super cheap. The ski was really ugly and had been not treated all that nice, but it had some nice parts and ran well so i decided to go ahead and get it. At first I had no real plans of ever doing anything with the ski, but I soon realized how much fun they are and I couldn't resist.

Well now I have decided to do a little build for my GF.

Here is what the ski looked like last season.
000_2276.jpg

000_2272.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

Well during the winter I found another X2 that had a much nicer hull minus some spots where the hull had been hit or drug along something. I picked it up and then had one nice hull (that needed some repair work, but had a much nicer top deck) and a decent power plant and parts. Soo I had enough to make a really nice X2.

Here is the Hull that has a much nicer topdeck.

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

My GF(Magda) and I have started work on the Hull to repair the damaged spots on the bottom deck.

Gotta pressure wash the dirt off first.
DSC00356.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

Here is the beginning of the Hull Repairs.

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

Next is more fiberglass work and lots more sanding. Later this week I will have a set of TOMS tubbies installed. Pics to follow.

I like the flip stand,I have one almost identical to it here,I made mine adjustable on the height though,it make bottom repairs so easy!

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
I like the flip stand,I have one almost identical to it here,I made mine adjustable on the height though,it make bottom repairs so easy!

I really like this rotisserie!!!!! A friend of mine that rides an SXI pro built it. This thing is a life saver!!!!! Just I had it rotated sideways, my GF was sanding on the bottom and I was glassing the exhaust closed. Cant beat that.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I really like this rotisserie!!!!! A friend of mine that rides an SXI pro built it. This thing is a life saver!!!!! Just I had it rotated sideways, my GF was sanding on the bottom and I was glassing the exhaust closed. Cant beat that.

Yeah I built mine out of a couple of cheap engine stands and made pwc carts out of the leftover materials. :thinkerg:

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
lookin good chris, i didn't realize how big those holes were on the front! holy cow! ill bet that was fun filling them.

so saturday after this were putting the motor together and drilling some holes in the pump? and hood straps on both our skis!

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
lookin good chris, i didn't realize how big those holes were on the front! holy cow! ill bet that was fun filling them.

so saturday after this were putting the motor together and drilling some holes in the pump? and hood straps on both our skis!

Jon what would I do withought you. :notworthy:

Filling them wasnt too bad. I just used a few layers of the thick glass on the back side, flipped the ski and filled the gap with milled fiber epoxy resin peanut butter, sanded that down match the contours, then did two layers of thinner glass on the outside. Now its lots of sanding and bondo. I HATE sanding. haha

CD155MX

Squirrel!!!
Tubbies are on!!!! Friday night I will pull the screws out and glass them on. Then more bondo and more sanding sanding sanding. Tom21's tubbies are top notch!!

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

Top Bottom