complete list of pipes for the superjet

its an R&D sponsored riders only pipe. extrude honed inside. very rare. this was nick bunanno's carbon tech/gator grip/3dayparts race boat.DSCF3630.jpgDSCF3631.jpg and this is a darren hedlund one off speedwerx superjet pipe specifically made for mike hedrick by hedlund for jeff jacobs , i think 2001 world finals back up PV motor , currently in my superfreak. when it was in the SJ with this pipe, it radared at 62mph. whats SP?

I actually havent collected the ski yet and was worried about this pipe, Is it a bad pipe? I cant find any information on the pipe anywhere about it? What do I need to look out for, where do you think I could Find the mounting brackets for it?

As Matt said, great pipe, lord mounts are EOL for some of these pipes - that said you get regular anti vibration mounts and sheet Ali on eBay to fabricate when you need.

Hey guys, anybody know what pipe this is?

I just bought this ski and dont know what pipe is on it.

View attachment 214826

i was told by world champion racer, joey pearce, that some of the heavier dry pipe are better with one lord mount instead of using both. 2 mounts make the pipe too rigid and make the mounts prone to cracking. might eat up couplers a bit faster with the increased flexibility, but better than having to weld it. its also missing the bracket that bolts to the head that the lord mount bolts to.

^ Thanks Matt E... Just think some newer pipes should be added to the list...Powerfactor...C4 chamber (Even though its made off the TNT)...also how does the NYNJA headpipe/mani combo compare to the factory setup, also always wondered how modified Xscream B pipe with the stinger mod really did vs a standard mod chamber...just a few I have seen and would like to see some feedback like the other pipes at the start of the thread from people who run them...also this could be stickied in the SJ section for reference if it isn't already...just a few comments for ya ;)

Coffman's Blaster Rocket Pipe

I know this is a superjet forum and I don't want to derail but I was thinking you guys may have the answers to my questions as I hoped there may be similar parts between the SJ and B1 pipes in this series. Does anyone know what size the large coupler is on a Blaster (B1) Coffman's Rocket pipe? Also, I understand Coffman's issued a "semi truck exhaust clamp" as a warranty item to those blowing couplers. I googled it and it appears to be a "Torca" clamp. Anyone ever used one or know what size to get for a rocket? I assume it goes over the silicone coupling. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, before you bash - this is not my pipe of choice but beggars cannot be choosers. Pic of the clamp I was referencing. image.jpg

Speedwerx Race Pipe

I have the Speedwerx race version pipe (there has been no input for it yet on the list) and it has loads of power all across the range. It sounds sick! ...like a YZ250 dirtbike on the water. The top end seems to have no end, I get into hull seeking and chine walk well before I hit and maintain max RMPs and have to shut it down...taking a spill at those speeds is not fun, this pipe learned me that a few times already. I learn...slowly :shrug: It was easy to install and is solidly built with no cracking or splitting of mounts or welds. I used a piece of exhaust hose for a boat as a coupler with no issues of popping off or cutting. No issues with clogging or alignment...no issues at all! It will never be put up for sale again as it has earned a permanent home here.

*Edit*
I also noticed that there is no mention of the cheater pipe. Personally I found that when on a budget this pipe was a really nice improvement over the stock set-up. Very reliable, very light (about 8lbs or less), nothing about them that can really go wrong such as welds or cracking, and a good all around power improvement when comparing to stock. For the power gains they offer in relation to their affordability and when a person is on a very limited budget, I would give them a :biggthumpup:

Attachments

• Motor Install With Cheater Pipe.jpg
    Motor Install With Cheater Pipe.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Speedwerx Pipe 1.jpg
    Speedwerx Pipe 1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 242
  • Speedwerx Pipe 2.jpg
    Speedwerx Pipe 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Speedwerx Pipe Installed.jpg
    Speedwerx Pipe Installed.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question. Would there be any gain to smoothing out the casting marks and polishing the inside of the chamber?

TNT out of Santa Rosa, CA is making a comeback.

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=249585&highlight=
I have been asked by a few people to make the TNT Chamber. I am putting up this post to see what kind of interest there is in the pipe.
For those of you who dont know me.
I am the TNT who build the pipes back in the 90's. pipe was produced from 1993-1996.
There was 4 versions of the chamber, LIMITED- STROKER- RAIDER- SUPERSTOCK.
many people think there are only the limited and mod chamber,
limited chamber- 12 built
STROKER chamber- 40 built stainless, 20 mild steel
Raider chamber- 10 built
Superstock chamber- 240 built.
The superstock pipe ended up being a better race pipe then all other designes.

A polished finish improves airflow and helps substantially with preventing carbon and oil deposits from sticking and building up. Stock cast exhaust ports are a good example to see the difference. Without them being polished the carbon soot sticks and little deposits build into chunks. With polishing, the surface has no texture or inconsistencies to catch these deposits and soot allowing them to hang on and build up. With polished exhaust ports any oily residue, even after a full season of riding, just wipes off in an instant. Stock...get the scrubbing utensils out. After seeing it first hand, I made it a point to always polish my exhaust ports when doing a rebuild. The inside of a chamber, providing you can get in there would offer the same benefits.

Top Bottom