Super Jet Cooling lines

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
running a stock head and stock motor with just a b-pipe there is no need for dual cooling, but correct me if i am wrong. I am running a b-pipe and cold fusion head with just the stock cooling and my ski runs cool as can be.

what is the reason for the dual pissers? just want it cause it looks cool?

running a stock head and stock motor with just a b-pipe there is no need for dual cooling, but correct me if i am wrong. I am running a b-pipe and cold fusion head with just the stock cooling and my ski runs cool as can be.

what is the reason for the dual pissers? just want it cause it looks cool?

I honestly don't even think I need dual cooling for my 5 mill Dasa here in Michigan. I have it restricted quite a bit and it still has a hard time getting warm.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
^^^ Yeah I was always taught to run dual cooling with bigger motors running seriously high compression. Also is it true that if the motor runs too cold you can lose power? I have heard that as well.

You can seize the motor if you run it too cold. The pistons are hot but the motor is cold, then you get seize. We all know that we should warm our ski up before dogging it to prevent damage. Well, if it never gets warm...

djraider700

lol wut?
If you want dual pissers with the stock head, just run an 1/8" line from the tiny outlet on the head to it's own pisser. Just have to make up an adapter from the 1/8" line to the 3/8" bypass fitting.

I have mine set up this way and it works great. I just use the stock bypass fitting on that pisser to maintain a steady stream. The aftermarket fittings have larger outlets and just kinda dribble when plumbed to the stock head.

its setup fo dual cool i got the the pump ready and i got the manifold set up for dual cooling im mean the water around here is pretty warm where i ride i know its not necessary but its already setup i just need to know how to run the water lines and if i should get a control valve?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Flow control valve is to restrict the flow of water into the stinger. The exhaust only needs to be as wet as necessary to prevent the rest of the system from over heating, or in some cases, control sound. The flow control valve is branched from a T to the stinger so it doesn't actually restrict your cooling, only the water entering the stinger section.

A flow control would give you better throttle response at lower RPM by drying out the waterbox and decreasing exhaust resistance off idle.

How are you guys running your T from the head pipe to the pisser/stinger? I have mine setup like the wammer drawing but I installed a flow control valve. Sounds like I need to alternate it so the head pipe comes into the bottom and the pisser and stinger are on the ends?

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
How are you guys running your T from the head pipe to the pisser/stinger? I have mine setup like the wammer drawing but I installed a flow control valve. Sounds like I need to alternate it so the head pipe comes into the bottom and the pisser and stinger are on the ends?

Head pipe to one side of the t, pisser on the other, flow control on the base.

If this doesn't put enough water into your stinger, you need more pressure, chane it so that its head pipe to the side of the t, flow control on the other side, and pisser on the base.

You want smooth flow from the head pipe to where ever so put the head pipe on the side of the t and hook up the other 2 lines to which ever works best.

Top Bottom