Super Jet cylinder compression issue

I have a SJ 2009 with 85mm pistons and ADA non gridle head with 38cc domes using a pump gas. When I checked the compression i got (100 PSI) on both cylinders. What could possibly go wrong???
Note: The battery is fully charged.

Mike W

Infidel
I would try another gauge. Due to the even compression the gauge would be suspect. If the compression was off in both cylinders I would be concerned.

I really don't want to think about piston-cylinder issues. So, check the compression with another gauge will be my first step.

If the 'ski starts readily and makes good power I would suspect a faulty gauge. Below about 120 psi compression they get really hard to start and have no power. At a genuine100 psi it would be a miracle if it ran at all...

Blue

Judging your cheapness
Possibly its a 760 cylinder some one swapped out?? 84.5mm is max on a 61x cyl and thats paper thin but i have seen it done. Not by me though. Sleeves sometimes drop causing the ADA head orings to blow out. But try a different guage before taking it apart just to be sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Your ada head uses "deep reach/long" spark plugs. Your compression gauge needs to have the same length, otherwise you'll get a low reading (several cc's difference)P1020857.JPG

When was the last time the topend was rebuilt? Since you have the head off, what do the cylinder walls look like?

Top Bottom