Super Jet cylinder compression issue

The engine is hard to adjust for Idle and on the WOT the engine won't respond. This maight be because the low compression as per MIKUNI manual.

OK when i attempted to tighten the head bolts I found two bolts are unable to be tighten loosing the threads on the holes. So I decided to remove the cylinder to send it to machine shop for rethreading then what I found is in the pictures below and the exhaust gasket melted and stuck on the cylinder and the muffler wall. Any idea given by these findings???? :(

IMAG1449.jpg IMAG1450.jpg IMAG1451.jpg IMAG1453.jpg IMAG1454.jpg IMAG1455.jpg IMAG1456.jpg

Blue

Judging your cheapness
Have the top of the cylinder milled or surfaced. I bet its warped or the sleeves have dropped a little.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Judging by the photos, you have 701 cases with a 701 62T cylinder that has been bored to 85mm.

I agree. Definately 62t/701 cases becuase of the single pulse. Cylinder looks like 62t 701 as well but a little hard to tell from the pics.

Piston wash is off on front cylinder as compared to the rear.

Zero Client

BeerrroooOOOT!!!
Stripped bolts in the cyl/head are easy to do. Use a torque wrench next time. You can use helicoils to fix. A full girdled head will also help hold the head and cyl down.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Where is your cylinder base gasket? Pictures look like none was used... Something isn't right for your compression to be that low. Can you feel the scratches in your cylinders with a fingernail?

Also, when you're checking compression do you have the throttle pulled wide open?

Where is your cylinder base gasket? Pictures look like none was used... Something isn't right for your compression to be that low. Can you feel the scratches in your cylinders with a fingernail?

Also, when you're checking compression do you have the throttle pulled wide open?
The base gasket is there but I took it out with the cylinder.
The scratches are not deep and can't be felt by fingernails.
I tried three different ways in compression test one of them while the throttle is wide open.

I would ask a question. Does the loose two head bolts which can't be tighten at the required torque can cause the low compression??

tomski

X
I agree. Definately 62t/701 cases becuase of the single pulse. Cylinder looks like 62t 701 as well but a little hard to tell from the pics.

62t 701, you can see the sleeves.

My advice to the owner but who really cares; ditch that over bored worn out cylinder and pistons.

62t 701, you can see the sleeves.

My advice to the owner but who really cares; ditch that over bored worn out cylinder and pistons.
Do you mean that I have to take out the sleeves and put new ones??

Top Bottom