d cut ride plate

fishinrod

guerrilla steezin
ive heard alot about the d cut rideplate and how there crucial to freerideing and whatnot. i was just wondering what are the actual benefits of having that mod. more or less what does it actually do? thanks in advance

I havent riden with one but it allows the nose to ride higher and the ski to ride a bit looser from what i understand. Ill probably try a dcut on my fx1 sometime.

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
keeps the nose up. easier to ride around in surf.
also yes, its much losser in the back to slide around as well.
takes some getting used to...i prefer a d cut now that i am though.

There are other factors that play into whether or not to d-cut. Obviously, your riding style is a factor. Also, if you are a heavy guy with a stock length handle pole you are going to be doing tail stands all day long with a stock length plate and d cut.

D cut it and cut your pole while you're at it. My D-cut is 5.5" long and 2.5" deep and I love it. Sometimes you have to work the throttle a little bit to come out of tailstands after nose stabs and such but overall it helps alot.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I'm 190 and I can barely ride jfw's ski because it only wants to do tail staands with me. It is a shortened hull and I'm pretty sure a d-cut plate. It will jump way high though. I'm contemplating d cutting my short jet dynamics a little bit at a time to get the jump height without the constant tail stands.

Someone should make a chart with rider weight and d-cut measurements or something.

wydopen

onthepipe
what types of riding styles would favor the d cut?

picspismo12-07040.jpg

picspismo12-07031.jpg

Last edited:

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
I have been riding this protec ride plate on my SN
but looking for a stocker to D cut
extended plate makes it hard to ride at speed with tubbies :biggrin:
but you can freestyle with it

1_no_d_cut.jpg

Don 79 TA