Dalton's Hull Build

So are you planning on doing a couple of production pieces? And how much are you looking to get out of them if you are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. That information is still to be announced at a later date.

what scanner did you use

I'm using the Kinect v1. If anyone's had any experience using the kinect v2 or other reasonably priced scanners I'd love to hear about it. The Kinect v1 is super easy to use although I'd like the resolution to be a good bit higher for what I ultimately need it to do. It works great for making mockup assemblies like this though.
assembly.png

Yes. That information is still to be announced at a later date.

I'm using the Kinect v1. If anyone's had any experience using the kinect v2 or other reasonably priced scanners I'd love to hear about it. The Kinect v1 is super easy to use although I'd like the resolution to be a good bit higher for what I ultimately need it to do. It works great for making mockup assemblies like this though.
View attachment 265798
Not a huge difference between the to, what mesh programs are you using? Are you trying to convert your scans into solid models?

In what way?
When you are working with a solid foam plug rather than a fiberglass deck you cannot simply flip it over and drop parts in to check fitment but with a 3D scan of the same plug, you can.

XJCrawler, I'm using blender, meshlab, and the solidworks mesh tools. The only scan I will need as a solid model for now is the bottom deck. What scanner do you use?

Last edited:
Top Bottom