DASA B1 Blaster boat build

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
A build up of a custumers few-holds-barred B1 boat.

I have been asked a couple times to do a "public" build-up of this boat.

I am a pretty humble guy, I can't imagine anyone is THAT interested.

But here goes....

You guys ready?

Brian

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

The back story....

A friend of mine was selling his very clean, nicely done up, mostly stock, or modified stock B1 earlier this year.

Another guy we know bought it up, took it out to the river the first weekend and after taking it out, he calls my friend up from the river. He says he loves the B1 so much he wants to give the one he bought to his wife and build a second one, with a mirrored paint scheme, with a bunch more horsepower for himself.

He owns a pretty nice, very fast flatbottom boat he races, so he is no stranger to speed on the water. Super-cool guy.

I get a call about building up a bitchen B1 for him, he asks me if I can find a clean used B1 for a donor boat. Of course I have to ablidge.

I find one out in Yucaipa, with a clapped out trailer, for cheap, real cheap.

I let everyone know and step out of the deal.

A few days pass, then a week, I call up everyone and ask about it and the deal seems to be faltering.

A few days more pass and I get a call to see if I(we) are still interested in building a ski, he is on his way to pick up the B1 and sorry he didn't call sooner.

A few hours later he pulls up with a no-doubt-gennie-O '94 Blaster. This thing is as stock as stock can get.

Looks like it has never been apart, well taken care of(except for the bottom of the hull).

I start tearing it down to barebones that night, two days later it is off to the fiberglass shop for hull mods.

And this is one Blaster's ride from mundane to glory....

Brian

Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Still teasing dammit!!! What is she getting done under her skirt? U know-little things like BORE, STROKE, on and on?

wsuwrhr

Super clean.

Motor is for sale BTW.

Mostly complete, or in parts. Haven't decided yet.

picture.php

wsuwrhr

We have built a 10MM stroker, PV 90MM bore 5-port cylinder.

Full billet motor for it, billet cases, crank, cylinder. It is one nice peice.

Running on race gas.

I don't know the pump details off-hand, it is getting a full pump setup from Scat.

Aluminum shoe, modified ride plate.

Billet UMI steering, some billet bolt-on body stuff.

We will be assembling it with new everything. This will be a brand new boat when we are done.

Brian

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

Ok... so all those pictures are somewhere at about a month to 6 weeks old.

Here are some shots that were sent to me from the glass shop, last I heard the painter was picking the boat up, which puts us at a week ago.

Brian

wsuwrhr

I went over and took the motor off the shelf and snapped some quick pictures.

We powdercoated the stock front cover, but this build will get one of SB Products new billet front covers.

Brian

picture.php

Top Bottom