December couch ride?

The Penguin

triple secret probation
anyone interested in hopping on a couch and riding 72 miles down the coast? It's mostly ICW except for crossing Matagorda Bay. It could be rough, but if we fall in behind one of the big offshore boats for that part of the trip - it could be fun.

the guy that coordinates this is my neighbor and has been trying to get me to go for a couple years. He said nobody has ever made the trip on a ski before...

attachment.php

I am down if I still have the ZXI then!!! Thats a hell of a haul!

So we gonna start a roll call and all maybe setup a cruise down there?

ger87410

How did I get here?
I think that'd be fun!

That's more of an endurance thing for our ski. 144 miles @ 35 mph still means 4.5 hours WOT plus 4 re-fuelings.:Eyecrazy:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
there's 2 stops each way for refueling and having lunch, and the boat caravan only goes as fast as the slowest boat...so I asked Jerry if I could ride circles around the convoy for fun :biggrin:

and the lighted boat parade that night is said to be such a big party - that we could probably get away with riding skis in it if we light them up somehow...the Coast Guard participates in the boat parade and rumor has it that they might have had a drink or two :wink:

Last edited:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
yes, I'm sure we could arrange that. many of the boats going are large offshore types - so to carry a couple of 5G cans should be easy.
the biggest concern would be how far can you go on a single tank?

the run across Matagorda Bay is about 12 miles, and I don't know if there are any islands or shoals to pull up on and refuel.

skinnyman

YOU CANT RENT MY SKI
the biggest concern would be how far can you go on a single tank?

the run across Matagorda Bay is about 12 miles, and I don't know if there are any islands or shoals to pull up on and refuel.

Dont think it will be a issue But i will go ride a tank at decient speed to see what kinda milage I get.

This sounds like something I need to do

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
I think that'd be fun!

That's more of an endurance thing for our ski. 144 miles @ 35 mph still means 4.5 hours WOT plus 4 re-fuelings.:Eyecrazy:

Gerry, not sure about you but I dont know anyone in the LSFR group that is running 550's.
WOT = 35 mph your ski is out of tune.

Im pretty sure my ski WOT is 50 - 55 mph. Not that I could hang on at that speed for mor than a few hundred yards.

Yea lets get a roll call going for this.

Penguin I only have one couch, the B2 and thats what I would have to run. I wouldnt put my SJ through that run, unless it had a stock motor.

ger87410

How did I get here?
I wouldn't do that ride on a standup. I'm part of the lazy group. :biggrin:

I was talking about our '92 xp. It's only got a 587, but I want to slam a 750 or better in it.

The Penguin

triple secret probation
I figured you were talking about the XP, Ger.

Mick - are you clear to ride by then? I'd make the trip on the Polaris. I'd have to think long and hard about the SJ...nah, nope, not gonna do it. :biggrin:

We could potentially ride down, have someone drive a truck/trailer Spend the night in the hotel for the party, and haul back.

Top Bottom