Super Jet Decisions on upgrades to stock 2011 superjet

yea im the opposite at the moment, when im out for a little while, the back starts to hurt (sound like an old man), and i dont get it with other skis ive been on and feel it maybe because of the bars.

I felt that way on my 750sx, idk what it was about it, it had all stock steering. I never rode my superjet stock bc I modded it as soon as I brought it home, but im 5'8" and my back has never bothered me on this set up.

Hey curbyourho, thats exactly what im looking at getting. Thankyou for the vid what a way of illustrating the differance!!!! The setup looks awesome mate and cant wait to install these first mods and get on the water.

No problem. That video was right after I installed the cable and had the stock turn plate. The stock turn plate only allows 2.5" of throw so I had attached that cable to that plate. Then removed the cable and manually pulled it showing what shmity's 4.25" cable gives you. However, the cold fusion plate and other steering systems will only give you 4" of throw since they're made for the 96-07 cables. You will be right on par with all the other superjets.

If you don't know how shmity's kit works, you will need a dremel and a drill bit. The block drops down into the handlepole and you bolt it in from the outside. You will no longer be using the stock mounting location for the cable. The paper he includes is a template. You place it over, mark your spot and drill. Good luck man.

No problem. That video was right after I installed the cable and had the stock turn plate. The stock turn plate only allows 2.5" of throw so I had attached that cable to that plate. Then removed the cable and manually pulled it showing what shmity's 4.25" cable gives you. However, the cold fusion plate and other steering systems will only give you 4" of throw since they're made for the 96-07 cables. You will be right on par with all the other superjets.

If you don't know how shmity's kit works, you will need a dremel and a drill bit. The block drops down into the handlepole and you bolt it in from the outside. You will no longer be using the stock mounting location for the cable. The paper he includes is a template. You place it over, mark your spot and drill. Good luck man.

Thanks a lot for the insight it will be very useful
:)

If you decide to re-staple the chinpad, make sure to use stainless steel or glue it. I used superglue by holding little by little the gray cover onto the plastic to keep it tight and it has not failed yet. Take your time on drilling your pole for the a/m cable. It is a one time shot :) You will need to gut out a little of the foam from inside your pole around the opening where you will put the aluminum piece for the cable.

Just had a closer look!! the oem chinpad is stapled anyhow so slight modification once ive got the bars and stapled in im fine with. Without haveing the destructions with the cable (as I havent got it yet), is hard to envisage how difficult it is when it comes to mounting in pole!! So its a one time shot!! ok so im starting to get worried now......lol. Im sure il be ok when I get on with it.

Cheers for the tips guys....much appreciated.

Trotty

Right ok guys I have ordered the cable and bracket from shmity1. I havent ordered my turnplate or handlebars yet as I dont think il be able to afford all the extras that come along with purchasing overseas as there isnt a uk stockist for coldfusion and ive searched endlessly. So my dilema at present is wait a few weeks and pay the extra on import tax for the cf steering plate and rrp risers, or look at other bush operated turn plates more local, to which I have found atp and xscream (xmetal), pretty indecisive about it all as im only looking at pictures lol. Any ideas?.........sorry if im beating around the bush so to speak, regards.

Trotty

Hey Trotty,
Did you get your setup to work? What steering plate did you use? I have an ATP steering plate and am considering getting the steering cable and bracket if they are still available from schmitty.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

This is my first post in this forum although I've had this account for a while now.
Anyway, I too have an 011 SJ that I've had for about two years now.
All I’ve had installed was a 500 gph blidge pump (I had a shop do it right after break-in).

My main reason for posting is that I want to know what to choose from and why.
I want to make my ski perform better in the free-style free-ride area but also want to maintain the full speed fun when racing with my friends.
So an all-in one recreational ski that can do nice jumps and tricks while maintaining a nice top end is great, is that too much to ask? :p
And I don’t really know the difference between surf, free-ride, free-style but I know our waves aren't that huge so I don’t think its surf.
It’s more of small waves, so I would think it’s free-ride? Correct me if I’m wrong please.. :p
And where I live, the UAE btw, has very salty waters (due to high temperatures).
So I'll need reliable parts that will withstand both the heat and the high salt content in the water.
I've done quite some research and found out that I would most likely use this set-up:
(Keep in mind that I'd prefer to install ready "engineered" parts instead of modifying and drilling what I've got so I’d rather pay the extra $$$ for that :p)

1- Intake Grate: Worx 228, Wamiltons ??? Anyway free-ride stuff (I don’t want something too aggressive that would throw me off of the boat when I accidently let go of the throttle)
2- Ride Plate: Worx 314?, wamiltons....
3- Propeller: Skat Trak 12/17 (but I’ve heard it’s not important cause mine is fine.
4- Stubbie Cone: wamiltons...
5- Steering: a. Cable: (shmitty’s, 96-07)
b. Plate: (Cold fusion, UMI, blowsion, maybe wamiton’s?)
c. Throttle lever/ bars: I don’t know, I’m fat and short (5’4-5’5 and 174 lbs)
and later,
6- ADA head.
7- Filter thing/ reeds? :p
8- MSD
9- B-pipe
Basically wamilton’s step kits but in my own way, so is it the way to go?
I want to keep my first mods (1-5 if they're important) in a budget of 1,500$ in two payments over the months.

I hope someone reads this =D I didn't want to start a new thread.

Thank you,
JBar

djraider700

lol wut?
Hey guys,

This is my first post in this forum although I've had this account for a while now.
Anyway, I too have an 011 SJ that I've had for about two years now.
All I’ve had installed was a 500 gph blidge pump (I had a shop do it right after break-in).

My main reason for posting is that I want to know what to choose from and why.
I want to make my ski perform better in the free-style free-ride area but also want to maintain the full speed fun when racing with my friends.
So an all-in one recreational ski that can do nice jumps and tricks while maintaining a nice top end is great, is that too much to ask? :p
And I don’t really know the difference between surf, free-ride, free-style but I know our waves aren't that huge so I don’t think its surf.
It’s more of small waves, so I would think it’s free-ride? Correct me if I’m wrong please.. :p
And where I live, the UAE btw, has very salty waters (due to high temperatures).
So I'll need reliable parts that will withstand both the heat and the high salt content in the water.
I've done quite some research and found out that I would most likely use this set-up:
(Keep in mind that I'd prefer to install ready "engineered" parts instead of modifying and drilling what I've got so I’d rather pay the extra $$$ for that :p)

1- Intake Grate: Worx 228, Wamiltons ??? Anyway free-ride stuff (I don’t want something too aggressive that would throw me off of the boat when I accidently let go of the throttle)
2- Ride Plate: Worx 314?, wamiltons....
3- Propeller: Skat Trak 12/17 (but I’ve heard it’s not important cause mine is fine.
4- Stubbie Cone: wamiltons...
5- Steering: a. Cable: (shmitty’s, 96-07)
b. Plate: (Cold fusion, UMI, blowsion, maybe wamiton’s?)
c. Throttle lever/ bars: I don’t know, I’m fat and short (5’4-5’5 and 174 lbs)
and later,
6- ADA head.
7- Filter thing/ reeds? :p
8- MSD
9- B-pipe
Basically wamilton’s step kits but in my own way, so is it the way to go?
I want to keep my first mods (1-5 if they're important) in a budget of 1,500$ in two payments over the months.

I hope someone reads this =D I didn't want to start a new thread.

Thank you,
JBar

Honestly, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 aren't really essential. Best bang for your buck its gonna be the steering upgrades and B-pipe. Stock prop is fine. Those two simple mods will transform your ski.

Most important thing is ride time.

Yep get a pipe and straight bars. You can do the quick steer mod and d cut your ride plate for free.

After that I would go with shortened handle pole.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everybody for your replies,
the issue is that I kinda don't wanna mess with the oem stuff just in case i wanna go back or something (if they break or i wuss out)
plus I have no experience in custimizing and modifying thats why i want to buy the stuff ready
and i dont know what parts go in or are in the steering system so thats another problem.
i know you'll need a new turn plate, new cables but i donno about the handlebar and throttle and hand controls.
plus a little input from any body who used or uses wamiltons stuff cause the guy seems to have everything built.

thanks again..

Top Bottom