Djkorn1's Trinity EVO Freeride Build

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Put about a tank and a half through it this weekend. I LOVE this ski. Lighter than a Superjet and handles like a dream. Very rigid! I still have to get the steering dialed in (not enough throw), but this is going to be a fun ski.

I already did a 4 foot stab right into the sand nose first. No damage...Feels very strong and very nimble and this is only the ES version. I can't imagine how light the XF or PRO versions are! A couple Superjet riders were even thinking of converting over to a Kawi based hull after riding this...

I also feel like I gained a ton more power by having less weight to push around. It rips.

Bobby builds a killer hull!

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I just have to come back on this thread and say that I LOVE this ski. It is wayyyy faster and way lighter. Now that it is FINALLY dialed in.... For me, it is the ultimate ski. I am totally stoked with it....Losing that much weight is like putting a pipe on it all over again.

I wouldn't go ANY lighter at this point. I think it handles great the way it is and I can throw it where ever I want it. I still want to take it to Madmat's to weigh it one of these days... I pounded this thing into the sand about 7 times already, once from about 15 feet up...with no signs of weakness or cracking......

I am loving beating the hell out of this thing!

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
i have been thinking about building her the EVO pro ski in place of her 03 sxr
figured in the long run wouldn't need such a massive motor for her, but she currently loves the ride of her SXR

i can see how a lighter and shorter one would be even better
take her exisiting setup with her powerplant and it would probably make a big difference
only Q is is it worth that big $$ to do it
figured if we start trimming her hull for the trim system, installing footholds, and upgrading the motor, it starts coming to the same

light wieght ski, better HP to wieght ratio

XFT LOU

1 hp./1.83lbs
It looked real nice inperson at your Rock n ride '09. It reminded me of your ski at riot ride '05, ya-know new and not thrashed.

Attachments

• IMG_3785.jpg
    IMG_3785.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 76

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Absolutely...I say you just need the ES version like mine, unless your gonna do flatwater backys. You will get HUGE power gains from just switching hulls like I did. I am running a stock motor with a pipe and flywheel and it rips. (Is as fast as Superjets with WAYYYY more mods)

Rambo Rosie switched to a lightweight Q8 hull and luvs it too with a stock motor and a pipe.

i have been thinking about building her the EVO pro ski in place of her 03 sxr
figured in the long run wouldn't need such a massive motor for her, but she currently loves the ride of her SXR

i can see how a lighter and shorter one would be even better
take her exisiting setup with her powerplant and it would probably make a big difference
only Q is is it worth that big $$ to do it
figured if we start trimming her hull for the trim system, installing footholds, and upgrading the motor, it starts coming to the same

light wieght ski, better HP to wieght ratio

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
Absolutely...I say you just need the ES version like mine, unless your gonna do flatwater backys. You will get HUGE power gains from just switching hulls like I did. I am running a stock motor with a pipe and flywheel and it rips. (Is as fast as Superjets with WAYYYY more mods)

Rambo Rosie switched to a lightweight Q8 hull and luvs it too with a stock motor and a pipe.

definately good info...
you figure there are many ways to get a more powerful ski, some cost more initially (say for instance the light weight hull) or some cost more down the road... like stokers and aftermarket cylinders...

i'd want to drop 80+ pounds to make that 8k investment
i hope to see some of Bobby's hulls at the finals this year...

another thing i am conisdering is going light wieght hull, some decent cc's and using 87 oct..., cheap and easy down the road, plus longer motor life (but it's pick your poison)

you gonna be at the finals?

we've never met in person (yet)

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
definately good info...
you figure there are many ways to get a more powerful ski, some cost more initially (say for instance the light weight hull) or some cost more down the road... like stokers and aftermarket cylinders...

i'd want to drop 80+ pounds to make that 8k investment
i hope to see some of Bobby's hulls at the finals this year...

another thing i am conisdering is going light wieght hull, some decent cc's and using 87 oct..., cheap and easy down the road, plus longer motor life (but it's pick your poison)

you gonna be at the finals?

we've never met in person (yet)

I'll be at Daytona. Your welcome to take it for a cruise there...I dropped around 75 pounds getting the ES model. I think it is $5000 with hood, nosepiece, rideplate and footholds.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Adding a footstrap, but I didn't want to drill into my Trinity...it is still water tight! So I glassed in some nuts, (sorry Bobby that this beautiful ski has to see my shoddy glass work.) I just hope they hold and I'm happy. Turf will hide anything, right? :wave:

Attachments

• strap 005.jpg
    strap 005.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 59
  • strap 004.jpg
    strap 004.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom