Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Late spring thru early fall

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • All year cept winter

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Year round baby!

Votes: 41 55.4%

• Total voters
Was just curious how many of you ride throughout the entire year and where you live.

I live in Vegas and ride from May to early November, how many of you ride all thru winter?

year round baby! haha

we just suit up, wet suit is all and ride all year here in Kentucky . the lowest our water temp got last year was 36-38. its not to bad as long as you are riding, it gets cold when you stop.

Those are the kind of answers I was looking for....I want motivation to start riding all year...im gonna have to pick up a wetsuit. What do you cali guys use for winter riding?
I want to make it a habit to come to the San Diego or Pismo area to ride once a month or so, ive never ridden surf
I usually ride alone so I dont have anyone to push me to get crazy, everyone here races =(

Last edited:

KR

www.krlines.com
Those are the kind of answers I was looking for....I want motivation to start riding all year...im gonna have to pick up a wetsuit. What do you cali guys use for winter riding?
I want to make it a habit to come to the San Diego or Pismo area to ride once a month or so, ive never ridden surf
I usually ride alone so I dont have anyone to push me to get crazy, everyone here races =(

2/3mm will give you flexibility, 3/4mm will give you all the warmth in the world. depends on what you want..i go with a 2/3 and it works pretty good for me. Well pismo you can camp out on the beach, and go out whenever you want. oceanside...the guys only ride in the mornings, but your in the city and you can stay in a hotel and what not...i know for a fact that oceanside has HUGE swells in the winter...before i got into jet skiing i would surf in oceanside all the time...swells are average 5-8, 10-12 on a big day.

stanton

High on jetskis.
Lucky for me I ride at Pismo and the best riding by far is in the middle of winter. We ride in the summer just to pass the time.
x2 i was just drooling over some pics from last winter. makes the summer surf look mellow as a lake!
compare this
DSC_3856.jpg

to this!
517084-R1-027-12_012.jpg

winter rules!

usualy ride just summer...this year im gonna try to push it into last weekend of september. i ride on lake michigan. its not that its too cold its just that im a senior in high school and it takes 1 hr to get to where my ski is in michigan. its just an inconvenience once school starts but im dying to ride more this year!

mosquini

Looking for a fixed steer standup
isnt that what wet suits are for? I have a jet pilot 2mm john and a matching top and when it gets real cold I use my 5/4 surf suit. I'm a few hours north of san francisco.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
In 06 and 07, I rode every month out of the year except Feb. This past winter we broke so much crap in daytona that we tore down the skis when we got back and didnt start riding until March 30th. I actually enjoyed the 2.5 months off. I took my time tearing down the skis and fixing everything that I had been neglecting. As long as I'm wrenching on skis I can deal with 8-10weeks off.

I dont like it, but its drysuits only after Jan.
shawn2.JPG

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
im hoping I can find someone to ride with me all year this year, between velocity, and superXpoo maybe someone else will be crazy enough to ride in the snow with me.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
this will be my first year riding late into the winter, i'v been waiting on parts all this summer. :(

Year round in KY. Like Rags said we just suit up. I was diving off our local dock when the air temp was around 45-50, water temp in the high 30's to low 40's. Got some strange looks from fishermen!

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
If you count BMX, 4-wheelers, and snowboarding, yes I ride all year round... lol

But really in West Virginia I ride mid May to mid Sept so that is 4 months. You can do the first of May to the first of October for an extra month but I don't think riding in cold water is really worth it. You just need another hobby to fill the void.

Top Bottom