Freestyle Donations for Tanner "Tanman" Thomas

btmboards

Brett
Hey, as most of everyone knows by now, tanman lost his ski during the surf slam in oregon a couple days ago. Then while trying to recover it with a rescue ski he got the tow hook through his hand and had to be taken to the hospital. His ski was never found.
Here is the link for donations for either money or parts/ hull to try to get him fixed and back on the water as soon as possable. It's nice have a sport community close enough to help each other out.

http://www.pwctoday.com/f76/donation-parts-hull-tanman-346550-2.html

Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
I will update this as I can too. I am going to put together a list tonight so we don't have issues with extras. Thanks to anyone for any help.

HERE IS THE LIST I HAVE COME UP WITH... If it has a name next to it, it has been donated by messaging me, With a Name and Blue in color = I have it in Hand, Red in color = its ours, just waiting to receive it
I am sure I am missing stuff, but I haven't built a ski from nothing, especially a SuperJet... If I am let me know.. I know there will be bolts and misc small parts needed too..
I will update this as I can too. I am going to put together a list tonight so we don't have issues with extras. Thanks to anyone for any help.
  1. HERE IS THE LIST I HAVE COME UP WITH... If it has a name next to it, it has been donated by messaging me, With a Name and Red in color = I have it in Hand
    I am sure I am missing stuff, but I haven't built a ski from nothing, especially a SuperJet... If I am let me know.. I know there will be bolts and misc small parts needed too..

Tanner's Ski List

2. Hull <Taylor Curtis/T.C. Freeride
    Surf Reinforcement <TC/T.C. Freeride
    Scupper Valve <Fast Elements -Xmetal
    Footholds <Taylor Curtis/T.C. Freeride -RRP Footholds
    Tubbies <Taylor Curtis/T.C. Freeride

Hood <Taylor Curtis/T.C.Freeride -Stock
    Engine <Deftons (Short Block) 62t/61x

Motor Mounts <MattE (3)
    Head
    Starter
    Pole <Rick Roy- Tanner has, RRP Pole
    Pole Bracket <Taylor Curtis/T.C. Freeride -RRP
    Pole Bolt <Taylor Curtis/T.C. Freeride

Turn Plate <ColdFusion
    Steering Cable
    Chinpad
    Chinpad Cover <LisaLisa
    Turf <LisaLisa
    Midshaft
    Couplers <JetManiac, Deftons -Stock 1 only
    Fuel Tank <Mark Matsuda
    Filler hose <Ratboy120206
    Filler Neck
    Fuel cap
    Ride Plate <snowrider97701
    Intake Grate <Baxter-Stock
    Intake Manifold <Crab- Stock 62t
    Reeds
    Reed Cages
    Wear Ring <Tanner- Stock, needs new liner
    Reduction Nozzle <Crab, Ratboy120206- 61x
    Steering Nozzle <Ratboy120206 61L
    Trim Lever
    Pump <Tanner, Stator veins chipped- Stock
    Drive Shaft <Tanner
    Impeller <LisaLisa Or Tanner
    Throttle lever
    Throttle Cable <JetManiac
    Start Stop switch
    Ebox
    CDI <Chris/ATP E.P.I.C.
    Battery Cables
    Stator --need 62T
    Flywheel --Need 62T <Shawn_nj
    Battery
    Bar Clamps
    Bars
    Nose Piece <TC/T.C. Freeride -STOCK, NVJAY775 - Lowered
    2-Bilge Pumps
    Bilge Switch <Gomez
    Bilge Fitting <Steve-uk
    Bilge Hose
    Fuel Line
    Carbs
    Flame Arresters <djkorn1 -Prok's
    Outerwears
    Grips <Tanner
    Head Pipe
    Chamber
    Stock Exhaust <Baxter
    Exhaust Manifold
    Water Box <Matth
    Water Box Straps <Jetmaniac
    Exhaust hoses
    Water outlets <Steve-uk
    Battery tray <JetManiac
    Battery Straps <Jetmaniac
    Bolts <JetManiac
    Fuel Tank Straps
    2 Bow Eyes <Steve-uk, dirtnut99-Green-1
    Tow Loops <Kurt-Profound Dynamics
    Limit Rope <Steve-uk
    Pump Shoe?
    Gaskets <Superjet-113
    Ratchet Hood Strap kit <Ratboy120206

Also if anyone wants, the paypal email for donations that way is: tannerskifund@comcast.net There will be a few parts we cannot get donated or will have to pay partially for them..

3. You will see that there are names next to parts, they are not necessarily donating that part, but they have said they will.. I am just trying to keep things straight so I can remember who is who a lot easier and has what that they are willing to donate.. If your name is not on there I just missed it while going over everything.. I'm trying to keep it updated everynight.. Thanks for all the OVERWHELMING help offered so far!! Tanner is completely speechless about this whole thing.. He is NOT one to ever ask for help, but would help out anyone..​

Last edited:
I have some parts that can go to him. I saw a pic of the ski and it was top notch. Any updates on the search for the ski ??? Any updates on the condition of the hand after getting hooked ??? Recovery time ??? Hey Tanner get well Bro.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Ski is gone. Only things to wash up were the Rrp chinpad and some side rail turf chunks. There are weird currents out there so it may show up somewhere else. I heard about a ski lost in Lincoln City, Or, about 30 miles south of PAC City, it washed up in Seaside, Or, about 100mi north of LC.. So there is still a chance.

Tanners hand is swollen and hurts, but he will be fine. The dr didn't see any nerve or tendon damage. Only ripped muscles where the hook went through. He will recover, but it will take time.

Sent from my BAMF iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update dirtnut99. Mark44 I was thinking the same thing.

Anything going on with his sponsors ???

Get well bro lots of milk.

Ski is gone. Only things to wash up were the Rrp chinpad and some side rail turf chunks. There are weird currents out there so it may show up somewhere else. I heard about a ski lost in Lincoln City, Or, about 30 miles south of PAC City, it washed up in Seaside, Or, about 100mi north of LC.. So there is still a chance.

Tanners hand is swollen and hurts, but he will be fine. The dr didn't see any nerve or tendon damage. Only ripped muscles where the hook went through. He will recover, but it will take time.

local ride out here lost a WDK diablo hood at one spot, and it washed up 30 miles south in daytona beach and was found by another local rider a few weeks later...crazy!

Ok, this isn't meant to bash on anyone and like everyone I think it sucks he lost a bad ass ski and his hand got screwed up, but why are you donating stuff? Why to him versus to anyone else making a ski or who needs similar parts? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great people want to help, I just don't see the point in lending a guy some parts if he doesn't have the money to go buy a new ski or new parts (like a lot of us I'm sure).

Hope ya find the ski and your hand heals well.

Cannibal

Tasty Human
Ok, this isn't meant to bash on anyone and like everyone I think it sucks he lost a bad ass ski and his hand got screwed up, but why are you donating stuff? Why to him versus to anyone else making a ski or who needs similar parts? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great people want to help, I just don't see the point in lending a guy some parts if he doesn't have the money to go buy a new ski or new parts (like a lot of us I'm sure).

Jealous much?

But seriously, this ski was just built this last winter. They have over $13k in it, and from what I heard, no insurance. Tanner is what the sport is about, he works his A$$ off all year so he can come ride down with us for the summer. He's a super nice guy that took a huge hit. We just want to see him get back on his feet.

Some of his sponsors have already offered up products and we will be soliciting others for some of the major parts. Me and Casey (dirtnut99) will be doing the majority of the work and the ski will be getting another Daylite paint job. His other one was totally bad a$$, and we don't expect to build one identical to it, but we hope to get it close for him to build upon.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!

Because we can:)

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Thanks to all the non-haters. Not happy this thread went in that direction! We are doing this for Tanner because WE CAN, like Crab said. I am heading home now to start working on a list. We will get this ski built, one way or another. And if people are willing to help out, AWESOME!! I'm not sure about the other areas of riders, but in the Pacific Northwest and the Westcoast, WE ALL stick together and help out our fellow riders in any way WE can!!!

Top Bottom