Freestyle Donations for Tanner "Tanman" Thomas

deftons56

Brian
thanks to all the non-haters. Not happy this thread went in that direction! We are doing this for tanner because we can, like crab said. I am heading home now to start working on a list. We will get this ski built, one way or another. And if people are willing to help out, awesome!! I'm not sure about the other areas of riders, but in the pacific northwest and the westcoast, we all stick together and help out our fellow riders in any way we can!!!
x2 :Banane35:

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Ok, this isn't meant to bash on anyone and like everyone I think it sucks he lost a bad ass ski and his hand got screwed up, but why are you donating stuff? Why to him versus to anyone else making a ski or who needs similar parts? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great people want to help, I just don't see the point in lending a guy some parts if he doesn't have the money to go buy a new ski or new parts (like a lot of us I'm sure).

Hope ya find the ski and your hand heals well.

Maybe because

He has a great attitude
He works his ass off
He doesnt ask for or expect stuff
he still had a smile on his face and wasnt pouting around

So Im glad a lot of people in this sport do see the point of helping him out

Db

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Ok, this isn't meant to bash on anyone and like everyone I think it sucks he lost a bad ass ski and his hand got screwed up, but why are you donating stuff? Why to him versus to anyone else making a ski or who needs similar parts? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great people want to help, I just don't see the point in lending a guy some parts if he doesn't have the money to go buy a new ski or new parts (like a lot of us I'm sure).

Well, there you go. Sorry to hear about your major character flaw. You don't see the point in helping someone that needs help? How charitable of you.......

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Keep this on topic please. If you want to bitch about the morals of donating parts, start your own thread.

Thanks.

Anything else will be deleted.

Last edited:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
This goes out to the ones putting the negative spin on things-STEP INTO TANNER'S SHOES FOR A MINUTE!!! Be glad to be part of a community that wants to help the guy out and shut the F up already.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz

Do you call telethons and ask the same question? Why donate for multiple sclerosis and not cancer??

Seriously?

This is not the first time this community has gotten together to replace an entire ski for someone and I can guarantee it won't be the last.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
This really sucks! It was such a beautiful ski!!

But I hope this is a lesson to everyone out there, spend the $300 a year on insurance!!!!

Ya For sure! I have mine insured, but it's stock.. I am not sure what it would take to get insurance on a built ski.. I'll have to talk to my wife, she is my agent.. lol

Not sure on what he wants to use to run it but i have a std 62 cdi if it will help bout all i have spare atm

I am not sure.. I need to talk with him some more.. I know we won't get what he wants, but try to get best we can to have him going again as soon as possible..

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Put me down for:

Stock turnplate, couplers, battery tray, battery straps, waterbox straps, bolts- have most needed

Tanner always impressed with your attitude and style. I am not sure where you are right now if you are on the road or in cali right off the Interstate 5 near Sacramento. I have parts A nice warm bed a nice swimming pool and some really good homecooking for you. You are welcome at my pad anytime.

That goes out to any of you riders. If you are on your way through, need a charge, a shower, a place to hang for a day, come on by. By the time the stitches come out it looks like we will have a new ski for you tanman.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Tanner always impressed with your attitude and style. I am not sure where you are right now if you are on the road or in cali right off the Interstate 5 near Sacramento. I have parts A nice warm bed a nice swimming pool and some really good homecooking for you. You are welcome at my pad anytime.

That goes out to any of you riders. If you are on your way through, need a charge, a shower, a place to hang for a day, come on by. By the time the stitches come out it looks like we will have a new ski for you tanman.
He is up in Bellingham WA for a few days until he flys home.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Tanner and his buddies have bought gaskets/seals from me for the last couple years.
Thank you for your business!

If you need any gaskets or seals for a engine build, let me know.

I just have a question. All Ive hear is that is ski had foam, and it did not sink? Right? But nobody saw it and nobody could retrieve it?
I just would like to know more of the story. Just curious.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Tanner and his buddies have bought gaskets/seals from me for the last couple years.
Thanks for your business.

If you need any gaskets or seals for a engine build, let me know.

I just have a question. All Ive hear is that is ski had foam, and it did not sink? Right? But nobody saw it and nobody could retrieve it?
I just would like to know more of the story. Just curious.
It had some foam, the RRP footholds take out a bunch of it in the rear however, and the ski was well reinforced also. Add the RRP pole with no foam and it had marginal flotation, it was floating for a while they just had trouble getting a line on it. I think it finally went down because we drove the beach for a couple hours and did not see any sign of it.

Pm sent Offer stands to Tanner or X freeriders. I am close to Sacramento and right off of the 5 freeway. On your way to pismo for the j/k event or if any of you guys are going this way feel free to stop by. I have a pretty good chunk of dirt with plenty of room for your trailer. Stop by have some grub get some sleep or just chill.

Get well tanner.

Top Bottom