Freestyle Donations for Tanner "Tanman" Thomas

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
Thanks for details Crab man. That explains a lot.
I can see where with the adjustable footholds and RRP pole, that not much of that ski was probably sticking out of the water. With all the waves, bobbing,etc. i can imagine it did not float to well.
I know a SJ with all floatation foam in tact just sits maybe 6-8" out of the water when swamped.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
If there is a day with small waves...hopefully someone in that area can go down there during the lowest tide and do a search, or is it always insane surf up there?

Who lives close to this beach?

I'm thinking there will probably have to be something paid for it, but it certianly won't be at retail. Won't know about that until after Finals...the plan is to get Rick good and loaded with Tremors.....and then bust out the contract and get his John Hancock before he sobers up ;)

....hope he doesn't read this LOL!

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Haha nice Lisa! As we get cash donations that is there for such parts as we can get them.

I will update the list every night as I go through the forums and my pm's. It's a pain to even try to do that from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Your kid inspires us, Craig... He is the future of our sport, along with Christian, Zack, and Jake.. Along with others...

Hope you and Roni are having a fun trip!

ALSO, Some may notice, I changed the Paypal Address.. We had some issues over the other email.. I will keep the other one active just in case.. Sorry for having to do that... Kind of irritating..

The NEW paypal: tannerskifund@comcast.net

Last edited:

Mark Gomez

is where the surf is
Ok, this isn't meant to bash on anyone and like everyone I think it sucks he lost a bad ass ski and his hand got screwed up, but why are you donating stuff? Why to him versus to anyone else making a ski or who needs similar parts? Don't get me wrong, I think it's great people want to help, I just don't see the point in lending a guy some parts if he doesn't have the money to go buy a new ski or new parts (like a lot of us I'm sure).

Hope ya find the ski and your hand heals well.

Given his location situation, Tanner makes us all look silly if you compare dedication to making it happen. He lives on a friggin island and works his ass off to come down here for a month or two every year just to make as much noise as he can afford to do while he is here. I know how it feels to be all in to showing up to as many events as you can and Tanner has shown no less desire to be as involved as possible to step it up and become a professional rider both on and off the water. He had engine problems just before the contest and spent well over $1500 to have his entire motor rebuilt and put back together in time for the contest. So he is not only out of a great ski he also took a big hit by loosing that brand new motor package he took a risk to dial in for this contest. Bottom line is Tanner has become like a brother to me and I will absolutely stand up for him because of the kid's sheer will to excel in this industry despite all the personal risks he takes in stead of staying at home and waiting for opportunities to maybe come his way. This entire project was ignited by the very generous and supportive family of north west riders I have had the great opportunity of hanging out with a few weeks ago in Grayland. Tanner is like a son to this family of riders which is ultimately why this entire project comes directly from the sheer love for this kid and the belief that he can and will do great things if he is able to have something to ride.

Last edited:

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
Bump it up.. updated the list a bit.. If you have stuff that doesn't matter if it's stock or not, like the throttle cables, fuel tanks and stuff, may as well start sending it if you want.. I am trying to keep ahead of the PM's, but have been holding off on saying Ship it because I hate to get a bunch of used stock parts, then get a bunch of aftermarket stuff that would go on instead.. I want it together and running period, then he can get it aftermarket like he wants as he can afford it.. This is a new venture to me so bear with me..

Thanks fellow members!

Top Bottom