Surfriding Dredging at Corsons Inlet NJ - Pics

djraider700

lol wut?
Just thought I'd share a few pics of the ongoing dredging project at Corson's. Our beloved ride spot barely looks the same. I wonder what the surf will be like when this is all sorted out.

Pics were taken last Sunday around dead low tide.

2012-02-26_16-11-14_956.jpg2012-02-26_16-11-10_674.jpg2012-02-26_16-10-55_523.jpg2012-02-26_16-11-01_616.jpg2012-02-26_16-11-06_217.jpg2012-02-26_16-11-26_832.jpg

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Damn those bars have gotten alot bigger since I was last at corsons 2 years ago.

It's more like this now at the bridge. I remember pushing the blaster and the gp1200 across them back in September just to be safe, it was gnarly...

Back up towards Whale Creek, you can't even get across at dead low, you literally have to get off and drag it across dry area.

current corsons.jpg

I saw a 37' Ocean high and dry in there last year. Can't wait to see how the inlet rolls this year though, should be a good time.

djraider700

lol wut?
It's more like this now at the bridge. I remember pushing the blaster and the gp1200 across them back in September just to be safe, it was gnarly...

Back up towards Whale Creek, you can't even get across at dead low, you literally have to get off and drag it across dry area.

View attachment 175396

I saw a 37' Ocean high and dry in there last year. Can't wait to see how the inlet rolls this year though, should be a good time.

I never had to drag mine across that spot. Guess I got lucky with the tides. I do remember it being really shallow, like only about 6 inches deep. I just full throttle blasted across it and prayed lol.

Those are some fun finger trails to the left of that pic too!

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
I never had to drag mine across that spot. Guess I got lucky with the tides. I do remember it being really shallow, like only about 6 inches deep. I just full throttle blasted across it and prayed lol.

Those are some fun finger trails to the left of that pic too!

Yeah, back up towards WC a little I'd just wide open over it and made it fine, but up towards the bridge it made me a little nervous, plus I had my buddy riding my GP and just to be safe I stopped. I think we were out on an extreme low because there was a dude standing out on the inlet side of the bridge where I made the yellow mark about 100ft off the beach line fishing. When I saw him out there I was like "WTF!" and spun and stopped. That pic is over a year old too, so it's definitely changed a bit.

Yeah, those marsh trails are sweet. Can't tell you how many times I got cut all up in the reeds from trying to get through there a little too fast. haha

Last edited:

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Wow that sucks big time. I would imagine it take a while to dredge all that.

What's in my previous pic isn't even what they're dredging... in this one, you can see the outer shelf outside of the inlet that they're pumping to replenish the beachline.

corsons2.jpg

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
Well to all you Corsons riders your dredge is gone. They have no moved to it the AC inlet to ruin our summer again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djraider700

lol wut?
Gonna have to go back and see how it looks now. Id imagine it doesn't look much better. It's only been a week since those pics. Not sure how fast dredgers work lol.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Mark I think you have the dredge boat that was up here 2 weeks ago. Looks just like it. This is a before and after taken in front of my house.

Before dredge:
earl.JPG

After:
1_28_12.jpg

Last edited:

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
Not happy about it showing up in AC! Our beach is almost reeovered from the last time they screwed it up.

Much more support apparatus showed up including the mile of floating pipe. Atleast we have something to jump over

After a ride down to the beach and a close look of the dredge now in our inlet (no more then 100ft off the beach of our launch spot). Pretty sure the dredge in the last pic of the OP is the dredge that is now destroying our view and clogging up our inlet. Brigantine dealt with all the steel crap floating in the water last summer..........WHY AGAIN??????

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
Well as of this morning the dredge was move to the mouth of the jetty on "Our Side" this really sucks

Top Bottom