Dual Front Exhaust System with Custom Sponsons & Nose Modification

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Here are some pictures of my dual front exhaust setup.

It's made from thin wall stainless steel and weighs less then three pounds.

I'm hoping by using a 2-1/2" pipe into two 2" exhaust outlets with the stock waterbox will keep the noise down to a minimum.

It's all metal to metal contact with 4-ply silicone hoses so it should last a while and be very heat resistant.

Attachments

• Dual Exhaust.jpg
    Dual Exhaust.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 474
  • Dual Exhaust 2.jpg
    Dual Exhaust 2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 321
  • Picture 384.jpg
    Picture 384.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Picture 381.jpg
    Picture 381.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 352
  • Picture 382.jpg
    Picture 382.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
that looks cool as piss,, but is their really that much back pressure?

Last edited:

#ZERO

Beach Bum
With the larger diameter tubing it should make the exhaust tone a bit deeper.

It's designed so when carving real hard to one side, the other exhaust will still flow out into the air.

Also it should act as an internal water drain from one side to the other.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
LOL...... Seriously? the nose does look odd... is it extended all the way forward to the rail? from the factory?

it's not my ski so I'll let chris give whatever details he wants on it.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing to mine though since I busted the bond rail.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
your hull is looking fine, is it 2008 hull?

It's a 2003 hull with custom made tubbies and an extended reinforced nose modification. Also it has a custom made wider tray with full length footholds and a front foothold storage box for a tow rope and fire extinguisher. The pump shaft housing in the hull was made smaller diameter and the pump shoe housing is blended into the hull for better flow. Also the hull has my trim system and the rear rail has been removed for less water drag.

Did you test that bottom design yet?

I tested another hull with the same tubbies and was totally impressed by how stable it was on the flat water. It seemed like you could almost turn the ski on a 90 degree angle while carving.

Looks great, but why stainless over aluminum?

I was going to use aluminum at first but it's hard to find aluminum mandrel bends in the right thickness so they could be welded. Aluminum intercooler tubes are too thin and almost require a robot to be welded properly without leaks.

I found a guy on eBay that was selling complete sections of thin wall stainless intercooler pipes that were electro plated with all the bends I need to do the job. It cost me 45 bucks with the shipping and I have to thank Tom21 for welding it up for me with his TIG welder.

Very cool... should be awesome!

what's the hole in the nose of the hull for? (pic#3 and #5).

Tim's right that is a bow eye bushing because it's longer & smaller diameter and hopefully I'll never have to be towed in.

LOL...... Seriously? the nose does look odd... is it extended all the way forward to the rail? from the factory?

I've seen more then a few people breaking the noses off their skis and didn't want it to happen to this one and it was one of the easiest medications to do. It's reinforced underneath with eight pound foam pored on top, then shaped with a saw. I built a card bored box around that area so the foam won't run over then after shaping applied thick layer of chop with 3- part epoxy. I used even more epoxy mixed with glass microballoons to do the final shaping for a factory smooth finish. Also I'm hoping that this modification will keep the nose high when going over waves. :brap:

Attachments

• Picture 360.jpg
    Picture 360.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Picture 361.jpg
    Picture 361.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Picture 362.5.jpg
    Picture 362.5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 333
  • Picture 369.jpg
    Picture 369.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Picture 371.jpg
    Picture 371.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

Boris

The Good Old Days
OK, I'm sold.

You Sir, have the coolest looking hull I have ever seen.
The tray rocks, the tubbies and nose are just insane and now you went and did one killer looking exhaust.

If I send you a hull and smile real purdy like, will you build me one ??

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
OK, I'm sold.

You Sir, have the coolest looking hull I have ever seen.
The tray rocks, the tubbies and nose are just insane and now you went and did one killer looking exhaust.

If I send you a hull and smile real purdy like, will you build me one ??

Be careful smiling purdy at #.0. He'll tell you that you have a purdy mouth.

Top Bottom