Dual sport bikes

ger87410

How did I get here?
If it's not thruway, it's not windy, and the traffic isn't nuts, 40 miles on the road will still be a long ride to the track but not too bad.

I've made a 70 mile pavement trip on Kim's KLR250. It was not fun at all and I was glad when it was over.
I'd much rather take my cb750 on pavement.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Just picked up this 08 CRF230L. Its my first bike so I wanted something easy to learn on with good gas milage. I was just looking for something to do during the winter months when no one else will ride skis. Jersey is a real PIA about "plating" because you have to have it emissions inspected to get an inspection sticker, so that is limiting.

Another reason why I went dual sport.... legal ridespots are nonexistent here, and being I work for a bank I cannot chance getting arrested for trespassing,ect. The awesome part is that if your bike is totally legit, there are 150,000 acres of state park trails you can shred worry free!!! The only street riding I plan on doing is 25mph roads to the beach because drivers are lethal here.

Bought the bike from a jetski mechanic who is relocating to FL, and I got it for $1500 under what the dealer wanted new!!! Its got 190miles on it (didnt even finish the 2nd tank of gas....LOL. This bike is litterally brand new. I cant wait to do some more riding on it and you cant beat 100MPG! If I end up getting into it, I'll get something with more brap down the road.

Anyway check it out, I'm stoked.
crf230l.JPG

Last edited:

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Just picked up this 08 CRF230L. Its my first bike so I wanted something easy to learn on with good gas milage. I was just looking for something to do during the winter months when no one else will ride skis. Jersey is a real PIA about "plating" because you have to have it emissions inspected to get an inspection sticker, so that is limiting.

Another reason why I went dual sport.... legal ridespots are nonexistent here, and being I work for a bank I cannot chance getting arrested for trespassing,ect. The awesome part is that if your bike is totally legit, there are 150,000 acres of state park trails you can shred worry free!!! The only street riding I plan on doing is 25mph roads to the beach because drivers are lethal here.

Bought the bike from a jetski mechanic who is relocating to FL, and I got it for $1500 under what the dealer wanted new!!! Its got 190miles on it (didnt even finish the 2nd tank of gas....LOL. This bike is litterally brand new. I cant wait to do some more riding on it and you cant beat 100MPG! If I end up getting into it, I'll get something with more brap down the road.

Anyway check it out, I'm stoked.
crf230l.JPG

Congrats!!!

Top Bottom